PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

meech

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Yeah I have yet to purchase Diablo 3 and I really don't agree with this whole constant internet connection required to play single player. Honestly the idea of being refused single play because the servers are too busy just makes me so damn mad. I also hate the idea of just rolling over, taking it, and asking for more.
Yanno, I'm also not very happy with this choice.. The way the video game industry is going is very sad.. Very soon we wont even have hard copies of games any more.. It will all just but DLC. I kind of understand, because in order to make the MarketPlace work they had to remove offline play to prevent duping items, and programs like Hero Editor. I'm not 100% fond of the marketplace, but at the same time its kind of growing me. I scored some real nice gear for some decent prices.. Also a savvy business man (or business woman) could make bank through buying and selling. (In a week or so he could do it with real cash.)
Thoughts on the actual game: At first I felt I had over hyped myself. It was a good game yes, but I was expecting more. Then I started to play with my friend, and things got better, and then we got towards the end of Act I and oh man! Shit gets real. The Act I boss fight is so great. Its like a boss fight from a older game. There's more involved that just fighting the boss. Oh its great.. I feel it was worth the wait.
I'm a level 16 Wizard, and I just started Act II

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I actually used a crack code to put D1 on my computer's hard drive so it would be faster and I wouldn't need the CDR. Guess that's dicked now.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I've already played through the game with a monk on normal and nightmare, just started hell. I think I'm level 51. Got a WD at the start of act3 at about lv25 that I co-op with a friend. I'm really liking the game, and haven't had that much trouble with the connectivity.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I received a guest pass code from a friend and I am really enjoying the game. I don't know if I will buy it but it sure has been fun.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I just bought this on Friday, I never played either of the first 2 but ... level 15 Wizard right now.
It's like ... a game of Dungeons and Dragons, moving at a thousand times the speed. :lol:
if anyone's near my level, let's play, I'm on there as zanthal, shoot me a friend request.
@undecagon - I stopped with SWTOR too, but back in April. I played it like mad since right at launch, though. I didn't find it disappointing, but entirely too addictive.
@treeder13 - I'm pretty fond of Starcraft 2 also ... want to play a game sometime?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
And in one swift blow we lose half of the young piping community to online games!
Woe is me...

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
@Spartan Haha I've been playing games since I was 2 smoking since I was 16 I'll have to go with my first love right now!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
And I have to say, Diablo 3 is a displaced D&D table top player's dream come true. Very fun.
And that being said, I have 2 free guest passes right here that will let someone download the client and play.
PM me if you are worried they will go to waste. :wink:

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I am now lvl 50 w/ my Demon Hunter. Still playing in Nightmare! This game is hard! I run w/ the Templar a lot. I play w/ my friend whose a Wizard often, but we just die a lot. I have found that killing Kulle over and over is the best way to get some extra levels when needed. Today I ran threw most of Act III again and now have some better gear. Am very happy it's harder than easier though!

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
My monk is 60 now (has been for two weeks or something actually) currently at inferno act 2. It's real tough once you get to inferno, let me tell you. Got a witch doctor that's level 55 (would be 60 a week ago if I didn't play it with a friend who has been too busy to play). Made a wiz the other day that I play public with, level 35 or so at the moment. :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm level 17 wizard in normal mode, didn't die until level 15.
tell me, is it possible to solo the whole game on whichever difficulty, or was it made to require multiple players?

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
You can solo. Especially if you have a follower. I think larger groups might be needed for inferno, but probably still doable w/ the stackable 30 min boss buff. The game scales so it's easiest w/ 1 and harder as you add each person to your party.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
@undecagon - good to know, thanks.
@storient - I'm sure they've thought about doing a lot ... they're rolling in dough. The Warcraft series (not WoW!) was a lot of fun when I was younger and I would definitely say that it's a type of game that is worth their creative talent to do even better. But, who knows, right?
Off topic, I watched a little bit of E3 2012, and saw gameplay footage of Call of Duty: Black OPs II
It's supposed to be set in 2025 or something like that, and of course the graphical quality is cutting edge amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.