PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Rofl Sorry about such a nerdy post here but it's almost here!!! I've been waiting for this longer then I waited for starcraft 2!! :D I'm worried my computer will blow up from the sheer awesomeness of it! Woohoo 4 more days! After that..........I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks :P

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I'm quite excited about it myself. I wonder what all the non-clenchers are going to do since they won't have a hand to spare. Not smoke? I guess gaming and pipes don't go that well together to start with (though I smoked playing BF3 when that came out).

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Not gonna lie...I desperately want to play it. But that game is divorce in a box for me.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I will probably get D3 once the enthusiasm for it calms down. And also, they will probably be a patch on the day it launches. I don't care to get into a game until all the major bugs have been worked out. I'm not saying it's going to be buggy, but past experience seems me to think it'll need patching. That and the cost of the game could be spent on TAD, just saying.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Shhhhhhh don't spread it around but I'm a gamer too and yes mine was pre ordered when I renewed my wow for another year.

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
I have been playing the Diablo series since Diablo 1!
My wife, who was at the time my girlfriend during my Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction binge days, remembers having to forcible remove me from the computer many a day in order to go for a walk and actually get some sunshine.
I am very, very excited about Diablo 3... and I hope it will be worth the wait!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
But that game is divorce in a box for me.
I'm in the same boat. Can't play nothing but console games. And none of those are online. Because they would hook me in too much.
I miss online gaming so much! :crying:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Not gonna lie...I desperately want to play it. But that game is divorce in a box for me.
I'm in the same boat. Can't play nothing but console games. And none of those are online. Because they would hook me in too much.
I miss online gaming so much! [:crying:]
Yet another member of the "I really, really want to play that new MMO, BUT..." crew. It's disturbing, really; I've been off of the "Evercrack" for almost four-years now - and yet I still get the urge to re-up my subscription at least once per week.

meech

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
I've been off of the "Evercrack" for almost four-years now
Everquest is where I started gaming.. Ah man.. The memories.. I tried EQ a few years back. They had some promo for old players where your account was reactivated for a weekend for free. I was kinda young when I played, but I got in touch with my older brother (I played from his account) and he had no interest so he gave me all the info and I went back and decided to create a new toon. There was no low-end play what so ever. It was all about the raiding. I've kinda given up on MMO's because I'm too casual of a gamer to enjoy them. I may try the Elder Scrolls Online however.
As far as D3. I'm pumped. Diablo 2 was the first game I ever beat, and I've been waiting for ever for this. Mine is pre-ordered and pre-payed. Unfortunately my local GameStop doesn't have enough pre-orders to host a midnight release. :(
For you guys who are getting it what are you going to play? The first char. I beat D2 with was the Sorceress, so I'm thinking about going with the Wizard, but the Monk also looks pretty cool. I never had Hellfire so I didn't get to experience the D1 Monk.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Meech, a couple of times a year I get an email noting my accounts(yes, I was a boxer) have been reactivated for (x) days. Fortunately, I am able to ignore the siren-song for now...

Back in my hey-day, however, I was a dedicated (read: had no life) raider in both EQ and EQII; often spending six hours plus per day grinding out gear and AA's. Then my social-life took a serious nose-dive when I discovered the "Guide" program - spent five plus years donating several hours of my life to answering petition cues and running dynamic content...when I wasn't actually raiding, of course.
I've noticed the couple of times that I have tried to go back that I'm complete lost. Granted, both games have had several expansion packs hit since I quit - but there is a real lack of content for players above about level 10 and below cap. My old guild has expressed a willingness to help me power lvl to rejoin the raid end of things - but I don't have the time, nor energy to devote to that kind of play any longer.
P.S. Planes of Power SUCKED!!!!1!ONE!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yep. Diablo player since '99. DIII looks like it's gonna be badass and full of Diablo goodness! I still keep D1 Blood and Fallout 2 on my computer for shits and giggles.
diablo3-site-demonhunter.png

Edit: Added foxy demon hunter chick.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Rofl blizzard owns my hard drive from the first warcraft up to diablo 3 as of 4 days from now love them more then my health! XD

meech

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
P.S. Planes of Power SUCKED!!!!1!ONE!
Yanno, I found a cool private EQ1 server a while back called Project '99. It only allowed the Launch Version and Kunark. I kinda wish it included Luclin, but it was fun for a while. I forgot how much they dumbed down EQ2 and other MMOs!

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Warcrack.........haha as with my cousins I had to stop my habit because the wallet was mad at me!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Ha! I haven't done the Diablo series because I don't want pentagrams on my pc, but agree D3 will be big.
Did Everquest for a year because a client got me into it; it was cool to hook up with her and know what she looked like and was in Kansas while I was in Dallas. I was in the tunnel between Rivervale and Misty Thicket at 4:30AM on a Monday I was supposed to work with her that day and turned around and she was standing right behind me, not saying a word. Oops. It was pretty funny. Clerics rule, btw and I miss them being absorbed into the mage category - little McDibble was a BASHING cleric! Too social for me though.
If you want an excellent online game that's less well known, maybe try Aces High. It's a WWII flight sim, but you can drive a bunch of vehicles and even a PT boat. Was mainly a B24J bomber guy, but if I did fighters would drive a Russian Yak-9U. I had aspirations of ranking in the top 1,000 someday, but looked at the hours flown by the guy that came in first for the month. It averaged out to five and a half hours a day, every day for the entire month. That's when you give up trying to be number one. You'll need a headset, and some of the piloty lingo can be really fun.
For now, approaching the end of playing time with Skyrim, all main and faction quests achieved, and will need to move over to Mass Effect 3 (brutes SUCK!), Assassins Creed Brotherhood or maybe finish Crysis 2. I also spent a lot of time with Fallout 2, but never warmed to Fallout 3; the developers of Skyrim even said it was nice to finish Fallout 3 and start Skyrim so they could have grass! Will also keep doing Silent Hunter 3 (the best one), DiRT 3 and GT Legends. Someone needs to make a good old west shooter for the PC; Red Dead Redemption was console only.

Status
Not open for further replies.