PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Looking at two desk top computers. Main reason for their purchase, looking for an inexpensive way to get windows 10. I would be a unit I would use maybe a couple times a week, printing, scanning, office work mostly, no gaming. These two caught my eye. What are your thoughts?

I have a keyboard & monitor.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I think the first one is the better computer. I'd plan on upgrading to 16 GB of memory.
Agreed on both counts. Stay away from that i5-2400. Way out of date (2nd gen). i5-7500 is only a couple generations behind (7th gen). You will probably want more ram for Windows 10 but 8GB will get you moving. Not a huge HP fan either but on some of the lower end stuff, no offense intended, I don't think there are any major differences. I build custom desktops so I may be a bit biased against the major builders. I prefer enthusiast type brands such as Asus, Corsair, etc... for components.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Will investigate these, thx. I’m an ‘on call’ truck driver, doesn’t leave much time to research. Been so busy lately, uggh.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Would something like this suffice?

Never cared for the slimline cases due to their non-upgradeability but maybe you don't need to expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.