PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm still new here so I'll ask it again: if you were trapped on a desert island with only one tobacco blend and one pipe to smoke, what would it be? For me the tobacco would be #416 Plantation Evening from C&D and the pipe would be my Jan Zeman Latitude 41 North Cape. What would your pick be? Remember, only one choice.
Smokey

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This has come up several times here and I find myself giving the same answer every time. Raattray's Bagpiper's Dream in my Ser Jacapo 8 panel billiard.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
I think perhaps Alsbo black and a Corn cob would do it happily for me.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
For me this is a tough one to answer as my mood tends to determine which tobacco/pipe I favor at a given time. If I were forced to choose I think I would have to go with Uhle's Bishop's Move and my Stanwell Hypnotic.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Won't even try to pick one tobacco. If really, really, really pushed it would be McCranie's Murdock's Pipe in a Stan I have dedicated to that blend - but I would not be happy. I can't come up with a list of 5, much less 1.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Been Here Done This Before, but hey, it's fun....Penzance (duh, anyone doubt what that part of the answer was going to be for me :lol:) In a WO Larsen
WOLarson-1.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
hobie1dog thats funny! I've thought about this post for a while now and I think I can say that I would choose Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flakes. Not so sure about the pipe though. I worry about pipe cleaners on a desert island. I suppose I would want one of my Peterson's System pipes but maybe a straight stem pipe would be better. You would have to find some plant stem or something to use as a cleaner anything to help clean out the smoke hole of your pipe after many smokes.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I'd never be happy, or even sated, with only one thing for the rest of forever. As for the pipe, I'd want the most monstrously huge one imaginable so I could use it as a paddle and get back to civilization & more tobacco.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I think I'd want a tin of Prince Albert...so I could kindle camp fires with it.
Pipe would be any churchwarden. I'd use it as a snorkel when spearing fish.
Seriously though, my picks would be Savinelli Punto Oro and LJ Peretti's The Pride of Loch Lomond.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Pipe: Peterson's Baker Street

Tobacco: Davidoff Scotch Mixture
and don't forget my sole mate Cooper (my pitbull dog), take a look to my signature LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.