PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lost Somnambulist

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2021
Alabama
Nice pipe and nice fountain pens as well ...Two Pelikans, SS Sheaffer, don't know other two. Fine Points, Broad, or italic ?
Thanks, I do love those old pens! Pelikan M400, Sterling Sheaffer Touchdown, the twisty one is a Jean-Pierre Lepine with an 18k nib, Lalex sterling 50th anniversary, and a S. T. Dupont are visible in the pics. Mostly fine and mediums, I have a few broad and italics but they aren't really fun for daily writing to me.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Thanks, I do love those old pens! Pelikan M400, Sterling Sheaffer Touchdown, the twisty one is a Jean-Pierre Lepine with an 18k nib, Lalex sterling 50th anniversary, and a S. T. Dupont are visible in the pics. Mostly fine and mediums, I have a few broad and italics but they aren't really fun for daily writing to me.
I use fountain pens as well as as daily writers but some are collectible ... mostly flea market finds in near mint condition ...Parker, Sheaffer, Cross, my 3 Pelikans are M200 and new Stola - but not sterling. I modify some of my my nibs to fine architect which I prefer for some reason (opposite of italic). When used properly they are faster and easier than roller balls. But I still carry a cheap ballpoint for gov't forms and if someone asks to borrow a pen !! :LOL: Many of the old (50-70s) Sheaffer cartridge pens in extra fine point are factory architect nibs and excellent pocket pens !

Reactions: Lost Somnambulist

Lost Somnambulist

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2021
Alabama
I use fountain pens as well as as daily writers but some are collectible ... mostly flea market finds in near mint condition ...Parker, Sheaffer, Cross, my 3 Pelikans are M200 and new Stola - but not sterling. I modify some of my my nibs to fine architect which I prefer for some reason (opposite of italic). When used properly they are faster and easier than roller balls. But I still carry a cheap ballpoint for gov't forms and if someone asks to borrow a pen !! :LOL: Many of the old (50-70s) Sheaffer cartridge pens in extra fine point are factory architect nibs and excellent pocket pens !
Flea market and ebay have been good to me in pens. My every day carry is a Pilot Fermo retractable nib EF. I do carry a ballpoint for the same reason, grudgingly.