PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Well, as a loather of Seinfeld he's just jumped way up in my esteem, one doesn't need to be a straight bloke to consider most men, usually of the single variety who're wishing they were no longer single, or simply out for a good time .... "I find men repugnant and unappealing" (hit the nail on the damn head there Gerry, especially if you'd added the word "liars" or "exaggeraters" after "unappealing"!) Giggles.

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
My husband is a "real man" in my eyes. Even if we go through hard times he is there to lift me up, he is good and loving to myself and our children. The problem is people are too selfish and spoiled today.
Here I was reminded of why I have been married for five years to my husband. In the mist of all my flaws he loves and respects me. I have the tendency to be very hard on myself, my worse critic, be it school, my physical form, my art, my parenting, my stubbornness, etc.., my husband sees beauty in these things I often cannot. He embraces my weaknesses and only uses them to lift me up not pull me down.
I am a 35 year old woman, mother of three, cancer survivor, and endured a life of extreme hardships and somewhere amongst all the rubble this man found a woman to be perfect, finding perfections within my imperfections. My scars are only marks of beauty and strength in his eyes. In today’s shallow minded world where people strive to find the perfect mate; they tend to overlook the idea of poetry in imperfection. So today I am reminded of how one man can love a woman that circumstance has worn down by life’s endeavors like the waves of a violent sea crashing upon the rocks of a once magnificent shore.
So instead of setting the bar to high in search of the idea of something open your eyes to reality. Right in front of you could be happiness and you have been too blind to see it. This physical form will only grow old and wither away no matter how strong you become. It’s the essence that remains in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.