PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I only have 5 pipes and probably won't get more than that since I'm more or less a part time smoker. I decided to dedicate the pipes to certain blends.
Savinelli 315 Monsieur (new pipe, upgraded my Wessex) - Straight VA flakes. That's my new favorite type of tobacco and I've been smoking quite a bit of it lately. I have about 5 blends I really like.
Savinelli 313 GDO - VaPer blends. Dunhill Navy Rolls and Marlin Flake being the favorites.
Dunhill Cumberland Prince - What else but English blends. I don't smoke these as much but I really like Dunhill 965 and just got started on SG Balkan Flake. Baby Bottom is pretty good too.
Chacom Champs Elysees 862 (upgrade for my small Comoy 337) - Vanilla aro's. Lane BCA, Vanilla flake etc.
Chacom Sandblast 862 - Other aro's and misc blends. Drew Estate Luxury Flake, Dark Twist etc.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Sounds like nice pairing right there. I do believe I too like to gravitate to pairing my blends with certain pipes. Although I do have one "workhorse" that gets anything loose and hanging around put in it from time to time.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I only have 5 pipes and probably won't get more than that since I'm more or less a part time smoker.
Hmm, that plan never really worked for me, but, perhaps, you will succeed where I failed.
Not sure how you are planning on smoking all those heavy Lakeland blends...looks like you'll need at least one more pipe. Uh oh, down the rabbit hole you go!!

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
That's what I do seacaptain. Well, 1 for burleys, 1 for VA flakes, and 3 for English blends. Plus a couple cobs and a small briar for miscellaneous smokes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My Weaver Commissions are all blend specific, but the rest of my collection are genre specific.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Once I get a few more pipes I would like to make one or two blend specific. Sounds like fun.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Dedicating pipes can bring on flavor profiles that are completely enhanced from what they were in mixed pipes.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Dedicating pipes can bring on flavor profiles that are completely enhanced from what they were in mixed pipes.
Which is the whole point in dedicating pipes to blends. Back in the day I think most pipe smoker just smoked one blend, so you didn't need dedicated pipes. I remember trying to smoke some blends after I'd smoked a bunch of St. James woods in my kaywoodie, all I could taste was perique.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
either do that,or buy a nice meerschaum and smoke whatever you want,whenever you want in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.