PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Anyway else use this stuff. I ordered it for my MM corncobs. I am getting a Peterson brair next week and plan on getting the whole line up. I've smoked out of my corn cob for about a week now and so far only wiped out the inside of the bowl and cleaned the stem with dry cleaners after each smoke and so far so good. But I want to use this stuff and add it to the cleaning schedule for my MM about once a week for a good cleaning. Any tips on how you use it for your MM corn cob

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I use grain alcohol, available at any liquor store in my state, Connecticut. It's the cheapest of all, and does the best job of cleaning your pipe's airways.

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
What do you do with the alcohol on your corncobs I've read the complete care but I want personal experiences

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I take apart my cobs and dip a bristle pipe cleaner in some vodka and thoroughly clean/scrub the airway of the cob; sometimes I double them over and twist to get all the crap out. I use a fluffy dipped in vodka to clean the stem.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
rather than vodka i use rum 151 proof - less water content - either way dont forget to squeegee the vodka / or rum off the cleaner before reaming the stem & shank so the pipe is not be saturated -

if any flavor is imparted onto the pipe from the rum at least it is a sweet flavor rather than flavor from isopropol alcohol which some use.

they may not taste it but they can answer to that issue.

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Prairiedruid how often do you clean your pipe that way? I assume you don't clean it like that after every smoke. Do you do it every night weekly?

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I bought some with my last order. I know a lot of people suggest using high-proof drinking liquor, but as an ex-drinker, I don't really care to have a bottle of Everclear or Bacardi 151 around, nor would I be able to bring it into the house without some uncomfortable conversations :lol:
Seeing some of y'all talk about 10 year old bottles of Jameson makes the ole' drunk in me angry! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.