Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
The race just started moments ago, I have coffee in my cup, and The Country Squire's "Old Toby," in the Peterson Sherlock Holmes Hudson. I'm looking forward to a great race, and a great smoke. Anyone else with me, watching a bunch of cars go 200+ miles per hour in a repetitive left turning circle??? Anyone??? :mrgreen:
2RJ41uR.jpg

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Thanks for reminding me. I think I go watch Jimmy wreck some more cars. To bad Dana isn't in there to help with the crashes. Not the same without Smoke and Gordon.

Jan 8, 2013
Not the same without Smoke and Gordon.
A lot of my favorite drivers have retired over the last few years. I'm a long time Smoke fan, so I hated to see him hang up his helmet. Gordon, and Dale Jr, as well. A few of my other favorites are still at it, though, and watching some of these youngbloods step up over the last few years has been fun too.
Edit to add:
Do they always turn left without a turn signal?
Sometimes they stick their hand out the window :rofl:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The nuances of "round-round" racing may be interesting these days for serious fans. But, pretty much all auto racing has become boring to me. Too much regulation of engines and platforms. Now being at the track, that's an entirely different matter.
But, considering I do for golf on TV what "anthony" does for at race-time, who's nuttier? So, enjoy yourself my man! For sure it will be time well wasted.

Jan 8, 2013
But, considering I do for golf on TV what "anthony" does for at race-time, who's nuttier? So, enjoy yourself my man! For sure it will be time well wasted.
Just think... some people watch Poker on television :rofl:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Sorry for the bad link. One more time...
Tried to repost without success. Copy text from "https" to "addictive" to get it. Mods feel free to fix?
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I watch for the crashes and wasn't disappointed today.
No kidding! Wow!!! :rofl: That big one with 10 to go was one of the craziest I've seen. Poor DiBenedetto looked like a pinball repeatedly getting knocked around and spun about :rofl:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That ending was ridiculous, too many stoppages, sucked all the fun out of the final.

We forgot about it, until there was 9 laps to go (neighbors were over for dinner and asked who won).

I'm an F1 fan, but can't explain that either! (no passing)

Jan 8, 2013
That ending was ridiculous, too many stoppages, sucked all the fun out of the final.
Three major cautions in the last ten laps. Yeah, even the commentators were surprised by that. I, on the other hand, was laughing my butt off. It was comical (unless someone gets hurt... then it's never comical). I'll never forget that wreck that killed Dale Earnhardt Sr.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Just think... some people watch Poker on television :rofl:

Ummm ... so, who the hell does that?
:roll:
I follow the perpetual left turn and WSOP on the tube, and MLB and NHL on the radio; I'm hardly one to cast aspersions.

Status
Not open for further replies.