PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
MSO - you give me a lot of hope for catching this critter. :)
This info I'm getting is making me crazier than I already am.
Girl chipmunks, buckshot, subletting. Well now I have even bigger problems. The entire family now wants to move in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another one of my footnotes: In UK, and other places for all I know, there is a rat fancy, like the cat fancy, where people breed and have shows for fancy rats, long-haired, different colors, bred for various sizes and body configurations. Since rats domesticate nicely (if you are a rat fancier) they can be quite companionable. How individuals in this hobby prevent soon having scores of rats on hand, I'm not sure; spay and neuter maybe.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We had the same problem one winter. Then a stray cat showed up at the door and wanted to come in. I think that she was following the herd. We obliged, and for a month, she brought us chipmunk tails. Now we have a happy cat and no more chipmunks.
But my story pales in comparison to yours, Frank!

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
don't feel bad being outwitted by a chipmunk; they have small but well designed "personal computers."
I once read that mice possess roughly the same intelligence and ability to learn and understand concepts as a dog, despite having a brain that is physically much, much smaller.
So, yeah ... a rodent's brain is apparently pretty darned efficient.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I don't think brain size and intelligence are very well correlated. Most of our brain is unused and much of what we use goes towards memory. Animals are much more instinctual. But if size matters then whales are super-geniuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.