PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Always wanted to try the original London Dock but this new stuff doesn’t interest me in the least, especially now that I’m hearing it has a cherry topping? Why use the same name of a blend if you’re totally going to change it? I heard the original LD was very floral and quite a polarizing sorta blend.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Embers - I hear you. PappyMac's last post about the D&R Raccoon-Series, just caused me to go back and start loading up a fresh online shopping-cart with all the other D&R tins not in that D&R order - like all the Racoons, and English Hoopla - which I previously had decided to hold off on until May... uh, well... As the saying goes: "...the best laid plans of mice and men..." :puffy: - Sherm Natman
Hawky454 - You may not experience any Cherry-flavor at all, as some did and some did not. I sure did. That's a big part of what we taking about with this blend. One things sure, so far - Cherry or No Cherry - everyone so far seem to agree that London Dock tastes good. Give it a try, let us know your experience. - Sherm Natman

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I’ve kinda been holding off on D&R blends because of the mixed reviews. I’m always on the hunt for strong nicotine blends and Picayune keeps popping up, again with mixed reviews.
It seems D&R gets blamed for cigarette tobacco trying to be pipe tobacco in some of the reviews but I’m going to pull the trigger anyway.
London Dock, Two Timer and Picayune in the cart.
Oh, and I actually do like Mixture 79... There... I said it... In a public forum! Now I feel better.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I am pairing a bowl off London Dock with a glass of Pampero Anniversia rum at the moment. They compliment each other quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.