PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipebuddy

I would say Peterson Irish Flake; Esoterica Stonehaven; and Mac Baren HH Burley Flake.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would try the following, both are readily available.
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired- a very full bodied Virginia/Kentucky blend.
Escudo- a classic Virginia/Perique blend.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
+1 on Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired. It's a very satisfying smoke without knocking your socks off in the nicotine department!

nocolaw

Lurker
Aug 12, 2018
Awesone - y’all have given a lot to try! I just received tins of HH Old Dark Fired and HH Latakia Flake. These will be the first flakes I will have tried. I’d seen Gaslight as a rec, and also wondered about Quiet Nights. I know there is no way to know but to try, but wonder - is there a reason it hasn’t appeared on the list? Not that I won’t try it at some point, just trying to narrow the options for now. I’ve also wondered about Black Frigate, just because I see a lot of love for it. Is the rum topping (or whatever the propper term) the reason it doesn’t make the list?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Is the rum topping (or whatever the propper term) the reason it doesn’t make the list?
Not really a topping, the Virginias used are soaked in rum before blending. BF is sort of a mild side English with Latakia in minute proportions and didn't match the parameters you were looking for. It is a great blend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.