Danger Pipes Shipping Costs disappointing. WOW !

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
What's up with dagner pipes? Was filling out my order to find they are charging $21-$30 dollars to ship their corn cob pipe.
I've purchased 3 pipes from them and I don't think I paid that much for shipping in the past. Very disappointed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yikes. Where is Dagner, and where are you? Did you click on overnight express courier by mistake? That kills the online advantage. May as well go to your local pipe shop and support them (assuming there's one near you). This sounds like a distinct rip-off, unless there's a wrinkle not mentioned.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Oh found the same pipe new on eBay with free shipping. I'm on michigan and danger is in Florida. Have no idea why those shipping costs would be so high on his site.
Ya phone spell checker changed it to danger and I didn't notice. Funny though :)

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Yup, I just went to their site and put a pipe in my cart, went to checkout, and they want $21.45 for Priority Mail. I use it all the time for $6.80, and the small flat rate box will hold multiple pipes. They're money grubbers.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
That's odd. I just went and put a $40 briar pipe in my cart and calculated shipping. Priority mail cost was $6.95 to Indiana. It was $25.75 for Priority Express mail. Possible glitch on their website? :puffpipe:

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I believe tobaccopipes.com offers free shipping and carries it. I'd take my business there.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I have bought two from there site and it was $7 shipping each. They just posted on Instagram a couple days ago something about refunding shipping back to $7 amount, as it is calculating wrong on their site. Jason and crew are straight shooters and really nice folks. Write to him and he will respond and work to correct the issue.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"...they want $21.45 for Priority Mail."
If that is true, then they are dumb-arses. Hopefully it is just a "glitch." I live in Missouri, and I normally just order from Missouri Meerschaum directly therefore have to pay tax. Just checked, $25.99 with tax plus "Standard USPS Rate $6.50" for shipping.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys just talked to Jay. Must be a glitch. He said when you go to the final page it should sort itself out. If for some reason you get overcharged they will refund the overage.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
When I went to try it by putting a pipe in the cart and choosing shipping it was the $7.
If it does happen I'd suggest contacting Jayson, he's really good about correcting that stuff.

UPS has also been government subsidized for quite a few years now. The USPS has been using their trucks and planes to transport UPS goods for free, hub to hub, so in actuality, if you don't trust the USPS, then don't use any delivery service, because the USPS has had their hands congressionaly tied and forced to do the UPS and Fed Ex's bidding for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.