Dan Tobacco Tumblin' Dice - Anyone Like it?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
As the title reads, I've seen this tobacco for a while, and have enough trust in Dan Tobacco given the excellent Ascanian and St Bernard, so I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience what's it like, and how it may stack up against other VaPers.

Thank you

Reactions: MattRVA and JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As the title reads, I've seen this tobacco for a while, and have enough trust in Dan Tobacco given the excellent Ascanian and St Bernard, so I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience what's it like, and how it may stack up against other VaPers.

Thank you
no clue but with a name like that, you can't really feel bad if it sucks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are nearly as many versions of Va/Per as there are English blends. It's surprising how different they all are. Sourcing and proportions, i guess. What else could explain it?

Reactions: JOHN72 and karam

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
I’ve had it and enjoyed it. It’s super easy to pack. In fact part of my Estervals order that’s stuck in customs had a 250 gram bag of it.
I have a tin I found of my brother’s . The date stamp says 22. 08.-18 Does that mean Aug 22, 2018?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Elric

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I have a tin I found of my brother’s . The date stamp says 22. 08.-18 Does that mean Aug 22, 2018?
I contacted Dan when I bought a pound of Devil’s Holiday. I was told that they do note use a date code at all, just batch numbers. She did provide me the date that mine was packaged from the batch number.

“Dear Mr xxxx,
Thank you for your message! The batch number cannot be deciphered, it is just a number. The tobacco you mentioned was manufactured on September 14, 2022.

Best regards
xxxx xxxx
Dan Pipe team”

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I don't think that's the "different" they do... I think valiantpiper had it correct: 22 day of August 2018.
Guess we were both wrong our "Different" since it was a batch number. But I have seen dates posted many ways, and actually hadn't heard of this tobacco back in 2018 so I wasn't sure.

Dates tend to run: American usage calls for a month/day/year date format, the United Kingdom and much of Europe use a day/month/year format, and most countries in Asia use the year/month/day format, so i was wrong.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Ive wondered the same. Ive been on an HU kick and have not tried more Dan blends. I do like st bernard a lot. I just dont know how many VaPers I need?????

Reactions: Valliantpiper