PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I simply cannot understand it. Walnut is fast becoming my favorite smoke. It is cool, gentle, relaxing and effortless, not to mention dirt cheap. $29.00 will get you a 12oz tub. The equivalant of 6 tins for half the price. Now I know it is not for everyone but for some reason I am finding it rather enjoyable. Impossible to make it run hot, and absolutly no bite at all. Char it, light it, sit back for an hour and do nothing to keep it burning except puff away. Just the slightest hint of Lat. for those who want to take a break from the heavy English blends. Since I discovered this baccy, I no longer miss my Drum. With Walnut, I can layer in some 1792 Flake, Penzance, 1-Q, and even Stonehaven. It's all good.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I like Walnut but not as an all day smoke. I like to mix it with PA.I always have a tub on hand.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
ejames sent me a sample of Middletons Walnut with the tamper trade. Like fisher says "just a hint of Lat" That's what I really like about it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I had a couple ounces earlier this year from 4Noggins, and grabbed some from the box pass. I intend to get a tub. Although I thoroughly enjoy my high lat blends, I am coming to enjoy some blends with just a touch. Walnut, Sail Green,and MacB Latakia have all filled that bill.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I tried Walnut a few years ago, pleasantly surprised, and have had a couple tubs on hand ever since. It and CH are two staples I could live on if I had too.
:puffpipe:

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Giving Walnut a try right now. If I don't like it I'll have some to send people wanting to try it.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
It is a nice smoke. I have added it to my ever growing list of tobaccos to order. I would like to share it with those not wanting to order 12 oz to see if they like it. PM me if you would like a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.