PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Dagner Pipes What do youz think? I enjoy their YouTUBE videos it's good to see father and son on there together.

Mar 1, 2014
I watched a few of their videos but even if I were a big fan I'm not sure that would be enough to take money away from the Italian and British carvers I've been pursuing lately.
It's hard to compete with a carver who started their career with Dunhill in the glory days, or the family owned Italian factories that go way back (and knock out a fantastic product for the price).
If anyone knows where you can get a reasonably priced 8" Lumberman I'm all ears (e.g. my Ropp Canadians were $70 each and I don't regret a thing), with a shape like that I don't particularly care who or where it comes from.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I watch youtube pipe and tobacco 'presenters' fairly often. Some are more interesting than others.

The Dagners have become a phenomenon and their videos go back several years. I don't (yet) own one of their pipes, and I don't buy new pipes (or cars), but I think they're good for the sport.

I know, sport might not seem to be the right description to a lot of us, but let's face it, when it comes to acquiring the next best tobacco or pipe, the game's afoot.

I wish I could have traveled to Nashville this past weekend.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I have one of their pipes and it smokes good. They will be in New Orleans for the Nola Pipe Show...I'm looking forward to picking up another.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
This is one of their pipes. It smokes really well, but there is nothing special about it. I used to watch their videos, but they put me off in the end by saying the most stupid things under the sun.
photo%2099_zpsyofrqgkz.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've heard of the Dagners but am not familiar with their videos. I've heard good and bad things about them (mostly from this forum) but have no opinion of them, myself.
That being said, I checked out their pipes at the Chicago show and found them to be simple basket pipes only more expensive. I wasn't impressed.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
We run into the Dagners at all the pipe shows we attend- some very nice folks...And their pipes from everything I've seen and heard smoke fine. They're Dagner's designs produced by an Italian manufacturer, so should be pretty consistent...

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
That being said, I checked out their pipes at the Chicago show and found them to be simple basket pipes only more expensive. I wasn't impressed.
This is what they may look like (there is nothing special about them), but they seem to smoke really well to be perfectly honest with you.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I just picked up one of their "P4 series" pipes, a Rhodesian with bamboo shank, at the Nashville Pipe Show. I have already dedicated the pipe to light English blends. Second bowl I smoked Seattle Pipe Club Plumb Pudding to ash. This is a solid smoker, keeping things cool, drawing beautifully and looking great. One of the unexpected features is the stem design, which is a short saddle, using the button and the up curve of the saddle to tuck the stem comfortably between your lips. Light enough to clinch, big enough to hold comfortably, this is a solid pipe and you an do a lot worse for much more money.
Note, they will be having a sale starting this Thu (10/1), through the weekend, as they will not be able to attend the NOLA show now. They are therefore setting up pipe show prices over the weekend.
Cheers.
RD :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.