PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Holy smokes this stuff is good! I usually dislike burley blends but this one is great. Smooth, lightly flavorful and sweet... no bite. No bad aftertaste.

wow. I’m floored by this one and plan to order more. I have the platinum to try as well I can only hope it’s this good!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Holy smokes this stuff is good! I usually dislike burley blends but this one is great. Smooth, lightly flavorful and sweet... no bite. No bad aftertaste.

wow. I’m floored by this one and plan to order more. I have the platinum to try as well I can only hope it’s this good!
Maybe you’re just turning into a burley-guy...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
@kg.legat0 you can’t go wrong with any of the Rimboche... depending on which you would prefer:
AP Acadian Perique
AB Slight Latakia Condiment
SJ St James Perique

The Vengeur if you’re prefer va
Silver has more Flue cured VA, platinum has less flue cured VA.
Regular I’ve heard is the harshest with most burley.

Athey is an interesting VA blend with an herbaceous quality.

I have Penhooker Silver to try also

those are just the ones I’ve tried. I haven’t been disappointed in a single one.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
@kg.legat0 you can’t go wrong with any of the Rimboche... depending on which you would prefer:
AP Acadian Perique
AB Slight Latakia Condiment
SJ St James Perique
The AB (Acadian Bright) also has bright Virginia that was given the Perique treatment, pressed and fermented in the barrel. Sounds interesting. I haven’t tried that one yet. I think Ken Byron used some of that leaf in one of his blends not long ago, but I’m not sure.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I avoided D&R for 3 years figuring the only actual pipe tobacco was the stuff in real tins. Figured the Ice Cream cartons and bags were all RYO branded as pipe. So far, I can’t figure out which if any are actual cig tobacco? Maybe Ryback... like a Camel?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The AB (Acadian Bright) also has bright Virginia that was given the Perique treatment, pressed and fermented in the barrel. Sounds interesting. I haven’t tried that one yet. I think Ken Byron used some of that leaf in one of his blends not long ago, but I’m not sure.
Interesting. I have avoided that one because of the Latakia.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.