PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A great day to reflect and pray for so many men and women, who sacrificed their lives to defeat Nazi barbarism and unreason. Now in Europe, abortion is being promoted, the value of the family is being destroyed, the birth rate is plummeting. And the funniest thing is that now there are countries that are considering a return to the compulsory army. prayer-candles-1186832.jpg

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
A great day to reflect and pray for so many men and women, who sacrificed their lives to defeat Nazi barbarism and unreason. Now in Europe, abortion is being promoted, the value of the family is being destroyed, the birth rate is plummeting. And the funniest thing is that now there are countries that are considering a return to the compulsory army. View attachment 315558
I am not sure if a salient point is being made here?
I don't think modern family planning decisions and 2024 birth rates were at the forefront of the thoughts of infantry divisions under extreme fire at Omaha Beach.
I am baffled you find European countries consideration of compulsory military service amusing, because as the father of a teenage son in a European country considering something similar, I certainly don't!

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I am not sure if a salient point is being made here?
I don't think modern family planning decisions and 2024 birth rates were at the forefront of the thoughts of infantry divisions under extreme fire at Omaha Beach.
I am baffled you find European countries consideration of compulsory military service amusing, because as the father of a teenage son in a European country considering something similar, I certainly don't!
I do not see your answer as accurate. If there is something more glorious, it is the bravery of those people, in that Dantesque scenario of suffering and courage. I think you have misunderstood the comment. Abortion is now being promoted, and the values of what a family means are being destroyed. This causes the birth rate to be replaced by pets. And precisely now, some European countries are considering a return to the compulsory army, because there is already a shortage of volunteers, and of population. Unlike at that time, when there was a large family, the values were better defined, the homeland, discipline, duty. Now we have the ruinous and destructive woke ideology.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It was a hell of a fight and somehow the boys managed to hang on the turf they claimed. Pegasus Bridge, the first target of the war was secured before 1AM. The French citizens greeted them royally once they realized who they were. Tremendous victory by our allies, the British.

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and renfield

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
It was a hell of a fight and somehow the boys managed to hang on the turf they claimed. Pegasus Bridge, the first target of the war was secured before 1AM. The French citizens greeted them royally once they realized who they were. Tremendous victory by our allies, the British.
The Pegasus Bridge raid was an amazing piece of strategic and tactical thinking. I've been to the site of the bridge and have a little plaque made from the metal from one of the gliders.

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Most people today have no idea what D day was. Then again most "kids" today can't name a country in Europe or telling you what country the Great Wall of China is in.
Some of the blame can be laid at the feet of the educational system. They are so busy confusing the kids about their gender, and teaching how wonderful communism is.

Reactions: JOHN72