PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
It might be a couple weeks before I get my hands on the P&C "Goodie Box" that comes with the Customer Appreciation 2016 Sampler. Curious as to what they contain as some should be arriving at forum members' homes in the next day or so.
Customer Appreciation 2016 Sampler NEW

Be the first to rate this product

Share:

Customer Appreciation Sampler

FREE Goodie Box w/ Purchase​​
It's that time of year again, and this year is even better. We put together a wonderful sampler and made a boat load of Goodie Boxes. Since we sell out every year within a few short hours, we made extra. But like every year, don't wait too long.
The Customer Appreciation Sampler includes -
​1 - Casillero Pipe

1 - tin Cult Blood Red Moon

1 - tin D.E. Gatsby Luxury Flake

1 - pouch C'est la Vie Pipe Tobacco

1 - pouch Erin Go Bragh Pipe Tobacco

1 - pouch John Bull Pipe Tobacco

1 - pack of 50 Pipe Cleaners

1 - Metal Screw Together Tool

1 - Daily Zipper Pouch Vinyl

1 - CAO Lighter
1 - FREE GOODIE BOX

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pity SPC doesn't offer something like that. I can't bring myself to order from P&C.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I ordered this sampler based solely on the unknown 'Goodie box'. Crazy, I know, but the goodie box in past years has been pretty cool. If it doesn't float my boat I guess I'll send it all back...or sell to one of you guys. We'll see!

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Mines out for delivery right now, unfortunately I won't be home until late tonight. Just a heads up though according to the UPS tracking site the Sample and the goodie box only weigh 3 pounds, so I'm not expecting something like last years.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I ordered this too. The goodie box was of great interest to me. Mine won't be in until tomorrow I fear.
What did the last one come with?

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I ordered this sampler based solely on the unknown 'Goodie box'."
Me too, but I always wanted to try "The Cult" and I never had any of the others listed either. The pipe will just be another "beater" for more challenging smoking environments.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I really hate to complain about something that was "free"... But if you bought the sampler just for the goodie bag prepare to be disappointed... That said the sample was a pretty decent value.
So on to the goodie bag (can't call it a goodie box because it didn't come in its own box...). It contained:
- A tin of Potlatch (Don't worry this is the high point)

- An extremely cheap Punch brand travel mug that went directly into the recycling

- 1 oz of Lane Limited 125th Anniversary (Bone Dry)

- 1 oz of Lane Limited Medal of Valor (Bone Dry)

- 1 oz of Lane Limited Dark Red

- 1 oz of Lane Limited Buttered Rum
If anyone wants the four baggies of Lane tobacco let me know and I'll send them your way, if not into the compost pile they go.
It really really bothers me to be this negative about a freebie, but honestly...

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I didn't need or want any of the items in the sampler so the goodie box was not a consideration for me.

greshapa

Lurker
Jun 16, 2016
Pittsburgh
I can never get enough basket pipes.
I was also interested in the lighter because it will match my other Dupont knockoff, which is a montechristo "Romeo y Julietta", probably made by the same company as the CAO lighter
I'll be happy no matter whats in the goodie box, but i wont lie, i was hoping to get some cigars and a nice ashtray

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Winton, pm me your address and I'll send it out on Saturday.
I only bought the sampler because of the goodie box which I found disappointing.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I didn't buy it just because they had C'est La Vie Pipe Tobacco in the sampler. Thanks C'est La Vie for saving me $50.
By the way, try a bowl of it, if you don't like it just mix it with some Erinmore Mixture and let them marry for few weeks. You are good to go.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Everyone complains about that lane 125 being too dry. I got some at a B&M last week and mine was too moist!

They had repackaged it from bulk so maybe they had soaked it down.
The free prize works for Cracker Jacks, looks like it makes some headway everywhere.
For someone that whats to try out samples, that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.