PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I was smoking the Lakeland ghost out of one of my first pipes, gritting my teeth until it was gone, found myself thinking about the scent later and now a smoke half dozen Gawith blends semi regularly :)

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I was smoking the Lakeland ghost out of one of my first pipes, gritting my teeth until it was gone, found myself thinking about the scent later and now a smoke half dozen Gawith blends semi regularly :)
There's something sort of ingratiating about them. There's been a number of them where I wasn't impressed at first only to find myself really craving those weird scents!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've heard it is a good idea to designate a pipe or pipes for Lakeland aromatics (the flavored tobaccos) some compare to grandma's bathmat fragrance. Lakeland non-aromatics are fabulous if Brown Sugar Flake is any measure.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Important update: I did indeed like it, and I'm going to have to smoke a full bowl at some point today to make sure.

The jar note reminded me of old lady perfume mixed with good quality church incense, but it tasted more like rose and bergamot, and the flavors were much more muted and elegant than the smell. I also picked up Dark Flake (scented and unscented), Brown Flake, and Coniston Cut Plug. Looking forward to trying the rest now (and glad I won't be throwing them out!).

Another observation: I always thought it was interesting that in reviews by jiminks and others, people claim to taste even the smallest hint of Lakeland essence, even in unscented and supposedly unflavored tobaccos. However, just having these blends in the house has made me notice the essence all over the place, including smelling a hint of it two rooms away after jarring everything. I think it's just SO distinctive that once one knows what to look for, it's easily detected, even in the most subtle application.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
However, just having these blends in the house has made me notice the essence all over the place, including smelling a hint of it two rooms away after jarring everything.

My wife says the same thing about me after a night of eating spicy Indian food and getting drunk. Claims she can smell me from the 2nd floor while I am sleeping in the basement. I think she's just jealous she wasn't born with an ultra efficient biological venting system.

Sewage Pipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 15, 2019
The first time I tried a lakeland I didn't even know what it was that I was tasting. Now I'm glad I do, so I know to avoid it lol. I just don't understand how producers will sometimes say its added to enhance the natural tobacco flavor. But I see a good amount of people like it.

Reactions: BROBS

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Boson Cut Plug is good stuff imo, i also like Coniston Cut Plug, both varieties of dark flake.

Problem with them is, and i remember having this problem with coniston especially, some of them can ghost an entire room.

Its like once you are aware of the smell, you can smell it from like 50 feet away.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
However, just having these blends in the house has made me notice the essence all over the place, including smelling a hint of it two rooms away after jarring everything. I think it's just SO distinctive that once one knows what to look for, it's easily detected, even in the most subtle application.
Wait till you open a tin of Warhorse Green. You'll be thinking of Lakeland's 'perfumes' as latakia afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.