Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Should be here Wed. or Thurs.

“Should be.” When they’re on, they’re on. When they’re not, well...

This thread reminded me to follow up with them this morning on an order I placed on 7/4 for an in stock item. I forgot about it, got a shipping notification from them on 8/5, and they’d sent it to the wrong address. Reached out to tell them that address was no good and never would be again, to please help fix the situation, and haven’t heard a thing. Checked tracking and it was returned to the sender, but I haven’t heard from them or seen a refund.

Sorry to hijack, but my P&C button got pressed.

I’ve got a handful of Blood Red Moon tins and have yet to try it. Maybe one day...

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Brm is such a great blend!
It was the first one I lit up. It's really good.
I've been hearing about Cult Blood Red Moon since I entered the pipe smoking hobby a little over a year ago and decided to add a tin to an order during the previous restock in early September. The several recent posts about Cult being restocked again has prompted me to pop the tin of Blood Red Moon, pack a cob full, and give it a try the week before last and took some notes. These are my initial impressions…

Cult Blood Red Moon has a great maraschino cherry tin aroma with some chocolate. It's smokeable right out of the tin. There is a little snap-crackle-pop on the initial light, but then it settles right in. The flavors include cherry-ish and some caramel, vanilla, and a hint of cocoa. The flavors aren't really really quite "natural" tasting, but they aren't overly artificial other than a bit of possible propylene glycol burning off at the beginning. The flavorings aren't too heavy handed nor is the sweetness. The blend is easy to smoke, burns cool even when pushed, and okay overall. A lot like Carter Hall, Cult Blood Red Moon is inoffensive and requires no fuss; just open, pack, light, smoke.

I smoked about two thirds of the bowl on a Friday, set it down, and then revisited on the next Sunday. Finishing it wasn't too bad, but the kind of cherry flavoring just isn't my thing. Cult Blood Red Moon is tolerable and WAY better than Boswell's Cherry Smash which really made me ill. I prefer the cherry flavors in the Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Black Cherry, The Story Teller's Pipe Sweet Galenas, and KBV Dark Fired Cherry better. I much prefer the cherry BLOSSOM notes in the KBV Sakura as it's not really cherry at all; it's more floral and subtle. In the end, my enjoyment/liking of Cult Blood Red Moon comes and goes for me, maybe as different types of tobacco are encountered in the progression. I'm not really sure, but it's nott my favorite and I'll likely try to trade the remainder of the tin. It has increased my interest in possibly trying other Cult blends since this was the only one I've ever had, but I'm not sure if I'll even get around to that as I don't really want to buy full tins just to try them.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Glad to see the Cult blends back in stock. Only have 1 tin of BRM and have to agree it is one of the better cherry blends out there but there are other options of course, especially with a little mixing. You don't hear much about the other Cult tobaccos compared to BRM.

Reactions: Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
I ended up getting a couple of each flavor, and I have to say, they are all really good. I have not been disappointed by any of them. They are all on the sweeter aro side, which I like. I am liking the Profile and Anonymous the most though.

Status
Not open for further replies.