PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
@ Spartan... :rofl: I had to ask.
@ Brazz - I like the Jack Daniels Honey but it is amazing how un-Jack it is. It really is sweet with honey and just surprises me that a company as storied as Jack Daniels felt the need to put a Honey whiskey out.
My go to whiskey is Gentleman Jack. Similar to regular Jack, just a lot smoother.
I also collect/drink Whiskys and Rums. I stay more to the Bourbon and Canadian Side. I have't figured out Scotch yet. Every time I try Scotch I feel like I am missing something everyone else already figured out. I don't like Latakia. So I guess it wasn't much of a surprise when I didn't like any scotch I tried with an overpowering Smoke taste. I Have a Bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black that will sit on the back of the shelf until my palate has changed or someone visits and drinks it all.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Come on down. lol I have yet to ever actually share a smoke in person with a fellow Pipe Smoker. It is a nice 68 F here in Houston right now. Low down into the 40s tonight. Perfect for sitting out on my Back patio with a glass and a pipe.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I personally like Makers Mark but around here they have Templeton Rye. It's an old recipe from the 30's that Capone used to sell during prohibition.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
and I'll take two bottles of the cheap stuff over one good bottle anyday.

Not me. You wouldnt smoke two bowls of borkum riff instead of penzance, so why drink two bottles of e&j instead of makers mark
I am not a whiskey drinker but I think Hawk has it right.
+1 Hawk

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I was thinking about getting a small bottle of this today when I saw a billboard for it. If I end up not liking it, it'll go into my spray bottle to use on less-than-stellar blends to hopefully "fix" them.
I'm always up for different infused vodkas and rums, so I'll probably like it. That said, I had some Red Stag and it was awful. Like drinking Robitussin or Cherry Nyquil. Yuck.
-Jason

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
The crown maple is very good, thanks for the sample philo. Im a whiskey lover andnhave about 10 to choose from. Like stated before this is amflavored whiskey. It will sneak up on you like and other whiskey so enjoy in moderation.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Ezra Brooks was my grandfathers drink, kept a bottle in the closet for his colds, had a cold year long, was 6 and lived with my grand parents, snuck up to the closet one day and took a big hit, man O man, fire in the belly, eyes bulging , no breath, liked to died in that closet. The old cajun 8O

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I will have a try it . I have just recieved a 30 y/o bottle of Glenlivet , and man oh man , it is smooth . Went well with a bowl of Boswell magnum on thursday night ! I also wasted money on that cooking surup tasting red stagg . On an interesting note , my neighbor , who worked for a liquor vender as a salesman for 40 years told me Crown was originally a fairly cheap wiskey and was in competition with segrams years ago . They later made a fancy bottle and that lil blue sack and jacked the price up . I do like Crown , but IMHO , its only a decent wiskey . I have had better drinks for less money . Bottoms up my friends :)

Status
Not open for further replies.