PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I had 8 tins in the cart and decided no. Were it a straight Virginia, no hesitation. I probably got double or triple the amount of VaPer I'll ever smoke including 10 year old SJF and Escudo. I'm always on the hunt for Sir John's Flake Virginia and CVP which I could have ordered to meet the shipping minimum and added some Cringle. Those two are out as usual. More for the rest of you folks.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I had 8 tins in the cart and decided no. Were it a straight Virginia, no hesitation. I probably got double or triple the amount of VaPer I'll ever smoke including 10 year old SJF and Escudo. I'm always on the hunt for Sir John's Flake Virginia and CVP which I could have ordered to meet the shipping minimum and added some Cringle. Those two are out as usual. More for the rest of you folks.
Well if you ever wanna send any of that SJF or Escudo to Bulgaria just let me know 😋

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I decided to pass this year. Being well stocked with premium matured Red Virginia blends as it is, at my age I just don't need to buy any more. So, more for you. The Cringle Flakes are a nice continuation of a tradition of offering a premium Red Virginia to mark the Holiday season, and Sutliff has the tobaccos to pull it off.

It's very similar to 2021, so you may want to wait 6 months before trying it. The difference with the 2021 between fresh release and 6 months was huge. Fresh had been a bit dull and floral. Six months later that was gone and in it's place was a lively rich Red Virginia with a fruity Perique playing support. I've never seen a blend open up that fast.

I am burned out on perique. In the early stages of my smoking and exploring blends, I just over did them. Now, I prefer just a straight Virginia, with thousands of different ways that Virginias can develop different flavors and color cures, and processes. I pass on this. Give us more straight Virginia blends.
However, I am sure they will not have any trouble selling out, so my abstinence is just for me. I'm sure my silent protest falls on deaf ears.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Yup. I’m in. I still have 2020 left and it started as something very special and has developed nicely.

I am starting to get to the point where I am going to sell some of my other tobaccos though. So many good blends to choose from. Gawith, McClelland, esoterica, HH blends, rattray’s, mccrannies, Cringle flake, CRF, CRF+ P. Enough is enough.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
Are any of you handsome and powerful men willing to help me smuggle a couple tins of the Cringle Flake behind the iron curtain to the PRW (Washington)? The retailers will not ship here.

I bought one tin last week at the one one remaining B&M and it is quite good but at 37.00 per tin it chaps my ass considerably…

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Are any of you handsome and powerful men willing to help me smuggle a couple tins of the Cringle Flake behind the iron curtain to the PRW (Washington)? The retailers will not ship here.

I bought one tin last week at the one one remaining B&M and it is quite good but at 37.00 per tin it chaps my ass considerably…
and I thought 25 in the People's Republic of New York was pricey.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I decided to pass this year. Being well stocked with premium matured Red Virginia blends as it is, at my age I just don't need to buy any more. So, more for you. The Cringle Flakes are a nice continuation of a tradition of offering a premium Red Virginia to mark the Holiday season, and Sutliff has the tobaccos to pull it off.

It's very similar to 2021, so you may want to wait 6 months before trying it. The difference with the 2021 between fresh release and 6 months was huge. Fresh had been a bit dull and floral. Six months later that was gone and in it's place was a lively rich Red Virginia with a fruity Perique playing support. I've never seen a blend open up that fast.
I’m smoking the 2021 right now. I heartily agree.

Here’s hoping 2022 becomes just as excellent.

Just acquired 10 tins.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle

How many you looking to get?

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
I would have thought TP would have more then SP as Sutliff owns TP.
Great point, but smoking pipes also has stock at this point as do others. My guess is 10,000 or more but I could be wrong. Can’t imagine it would be any less than 8,000

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy