PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I did a telephone purchase today for Thanksgiving Blend and some additional tobacco. My experience with the telephone call was positive. I had written down the type and quantities of the tobacco I was ordering and the sale person was very friendly. Unfortunately, I think I was a bit apprehensive to make small-talk with him based on some of the posts and did not get his name. It was a very friendly, but business exchange. It sounded as if he was busy and he took my order quickly and professionally. I am awaiting my confirmation as Peretti has all my mailing address information from my previous online purchase. I used a pre-paid Visa Gift card and, at this time, no problems. However, when I tried to use the pre-paid Visa gift card for an earlier online order, it declined it. Unknown why. I will see if the telephone order does the same. I plan to call them back on Monday to confirm the order and see if any problems. Also, I emailed them earlier in the week asking about blending a personal blend and Mr. Willet responded quickly asking me to call him directly which I intend to do on Monday. All and all, a very positive experience except for my previous credit card issue.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Update to Peretti Gift Card idea: Don't bother. The gift cards (pre-paid Visa you can buy in the grocery store) WILL NOT WORK for Internet, telephone or mail order purchases. I tried to use it via telephone order and it WOULD NOT work for Peretti. I ended up just placing a telephone order using my regular CC. Now we wait and see.
Nate @ LJ Peretti was very helpful and patient with the issue. He stated they have been re-certified for online sales security, but I think I'll just phone order from now on if the CC doesn't get compromised again.
PS: He said Yuletide will be released early December in case anyone was wondering.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No experience with Peretti's, but the problem is universal. Dive into your credit car bill and bank statement for debit billing as soon as they arrive. Someone ran some sort of machinery on a card of mine which I quickly noticed and cancelled. Security is costing us all a bundle, but better than buying merchandise for thieves. The perps consider this their due and experience no conscience at all. We have to raise our kids and grandkids to know better, if we can. It's a blight and epidemic, all the more because the perps never have to see their victims; it's all very tidy and anonymous.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Update to Peretti Gift Card idea: Don't bother. The gift cards (pre-paid Visa you can buy in the grocery store) WILL NOT WORK for Internet, telephone or mail order purchases. I tried to use it via telephone order and it WOULD NOT work for Peretti. I ended up just placing a telephone order using my regular CC. Now we wait and see.
Nate @ LJ Peretti was very helpful and patient with the issue. He stated they have been re-certified for online sales security, but I think I'll just phone order from now on if the CC doesn't get compromised again.
PS: He said Yuletide will be released early December in case anyone was wondering.
With a Pre-Paid Visa Gift Card...You much register the card (Zip code should be your shipping address). Do Not setup a Pin. I was going to order from Peretti but I had ordered at Watch City for there blends...Just got a bunch in and boy do they smell Yum!!!!

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
I tried a gift card online and was denied (address issue) and called in the next day and they put it right through. Great service.. and quick shipping LJ Peretti's customer service still rocks as they get through this glitch.

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
Placed an order on the Peretti website on November 6. Received notice today from my credit card company of three fraudulent charges that were made or attempted yesterday. Can't prove that they were the result of my use of the Peretti website. but based on this thread I have to assume that's what happened. Wish that I would have read this thread before placing the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.