Creative Alternatives to Ziplock Bags for Daily Amount?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Filling a pipe, while setting on a parkbench... from a rolled up ziplock bag is just begging for the police to walk up and start asking questions.
I just pack a few pipes and carry them in a small pipe bag. If I am going out with just one pipe to smoke multiple bowls from the same pipe, I put the tobacco in a small square/rectangle tin. They fit in the breast pocket of a sports coat very well. Or, in the breast pocket of my overalls if I am out working in the field.

But, if we are getting creative here, my ears are the perfect size for one bowls worth of tobacco. Plus, if I keep tobacco in my ears, I don't have to listen to the loud stereos on the motorcycles riding by. Lately, we've been inundated by loud stereos on bikes. I don't get it. Why not just wear earbuds? I mean... if they are going to turn it up so loud anyways, it doesn't help with being able to hear traffic any better.
wearing headphones while operating a vehicle is illegal.

wearing headphones while operating a vehicle is illegal.
So is breaking our sound ordinance in town. That said, motorcyclist use those helmet based wirelesses all the time. And, if someone had earbuds in under their helmets, who would know? It would be just as dangerous as 130 decibel stereo blasting as they ride, sharing their music with everyone as they move on down the road. Also, I'm usually shocked at what type of music most motorcyclists listen to anyways. Until they started this stereo speakers on bikes things, I never knew how many hicks listened to rap.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So is breaking our sound ordinance in town. That said, motorcyclist use those helmet based wirelesses all the time. And, if someone had earbuds in under their helmets, who would know? It would be just as dangerous as 130 decibel stereo blasting as they ride, sharing their music with everyone as they move on down the road. Also, I'm usually shocked at what type of music most motorcyclists listen to anyways. Until they started this stereo speakers on bikes things, I never knew how many hicks listened to rap.
there is country rap now.. check it out. lol

but you're right.. they won't do anything about either one truthfully. It's also illegal to drive a lifted truck or a truck with tires that stick out past the fenders.. I bet they don't stop those boys down there for that either.

Big Bear

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
I stepped in to a local leather worker in the next town over and had him make me an old fashioned buckskin baccy pouch, it works well for me. The pouch smells like the English tobacco I keep in it but I have not really noticed my pack or any of my gear smelling like it. Although I would not mind if it did. I like the smell of unsmoked English tobacco, it always reminds me of the feed stores I used to go to as a kid with my dad. A mix of feed, hay, mineral supplement, and new leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.