PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
So sorry for your loss, Scrooge. We lost a beloved cat this year, so I feel your pain.

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
I am very sorry for you. I was very sad and angry when a sicko poisoned the two dogs who hung around my house for years... There really is nothing I can think to comfort you besides what others said, so I'm sorry but I feel for you.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Thank You All for the kind words an thoughts. She went to sleep doing what she loved most sitting in my lap.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
The way I tried to explain it to the grandkids... I can't remember exactly. But it took away the sting a little. Was a good old yellow Lab, a rescue dog we took in. Had had a pretty rough life. I like to have the kids think how lucky that dog was to find us, to finish out its years happy with us, and when its time came, as it does for all of us, he was made as comfortable as possible, loved by his closest companions and family to the last breath, and laid to rest in his master's arms... not alone in the shelter, bewildered and afraid and alone as he was when we first saw him. It took a while for him to "believe" he could belong to a family. And then he did. And he was. (My nickname here? -- Part of his AKC-style name (though, of course, he wasn't papered): Piper Cheyenne Twelvepups). We all went together to spread his ashes to the wind over our favorite hunting spot.
When I go, when it's my time, if I can have that much... I won't want anyone to be sad they are losing the chance to be with me longer, but overjoyed that we got to be with each other at all.
I don't know if that helps. Wish I could remember how I said it for the kids. It was a rare moment, one in which something I said came out so much better in words than it had existed as a thought, that it actually struck me probably more than the kids -- who nodded in understanding and appreciation of the new perspective, wiped their tears and grew a little bit right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.