PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Paykoc Pipes. $95 Canadian Lattice
I love this pipe and it's not returnable after smoking. I probably wouldn't return it anyway. But last night I was smoking in my idling car to avoid a chill (not my usual practice). I let the pipe sit on the roof of my car to cool off. The delta T in temp was probably 30-40 degrees F. I think that's when this happened. Hard to think something scratched it in my pocket while I got gas this morning. Anyway, she smokes fine. Cold air isn't the enemy with meer, crazy fluctuations might be more dangerous though. I put some wax on it and it got uglier. Oh well. I'm smoking this thing till it crumbles.IMG_20240219_164221548_HDR.jpgIMG_20240219_164224326_HDR.jpg

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Nice on the replacement. I would add a metal tube insert for the repair - more gluing area and the airway stays glue or jb weld or anything else, free. Band the break line with something if you cant look at it, I have used that shrink wrap stuff they use in electrical work. It just for looks unless the fix is poor.

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Nice on the replacement. I would add a metal tube insert for the repair - more gluing area and the airway stays glue or jb weld or anything else, free. Band the break line with something if you cant look at it, I have used that shrink wrap stuff they use in electrical work. It just for looks unless the fix is poor.
Thank you Sir. I love the look of it honestly. I know I'm a series of mended pieces myself, and this pipe and I have now come together after falling apart.
Dang... that's one heck of a drilling job. Ouch!
Glad they're sending you a new pipe. Hopefully, it will provide a better smoking experience.
I will post the replacement pipe on this thread. They let me choose one with a silver band since they were out of lattice Canadians.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Wait the mend I made just broke. I think the JB weld has to ring around the crack so it can bond to itself. Didn't do a great job of bonding to the meer and itself. I will try shrink wrap tomorrow.
Sorry to hear it gave out. When does the replacement arrive?