PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raftergtex

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
I recently made a pipe for my new friend jonesing which he mentioned in another post, a rustic looking poker. For the first time, I took pictures of the process, and today I added a photo essay to my website which shows some of the steps along the way, from briar block to finished pipe. Since I have noticed quite a bit of pipemaking going on around here, I thought some of you might be interested. Here you go, and thanks again jonesing ...
www.handcraftedpipes.com/cowtownpoker

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very nice pipe Rafter.

Jonesing is a lucky man.
I enjoyed the show as well, very instructive.

Shows me just how much I don't know.
Nice job.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Very nice Rafter, I really like the shape. I'm try to find reasonable priced plauteux blocks to do my next few pipes out of. Great job.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
You should Bob.
We saw the on and off the bench. But a start to finish highlighting the big steps (layout, drilling, finishing etc.) would be fun to see and helpful to novice pipe makers like me.
RJ

raftergtex

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks everyone for the compliments and replies. Pipemaker, the photo essay was pretty easy. I just used my wife's camera with a macro setting, being careful not to accidently stain it or cover it in briar dust, and then a free program on the web called jalbum.

Status
Not open for further replies.