PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I wish everyone well in their recovery. Seems like everyone is catching lately. At Christmas we had six people over and four of them ended up with it. And the day after we had three people over and they all came down with it. All these people had at least two vaccinations and couple even had the booster shot.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Last Tuesday, my two legal assistants, me and my wife, and a couple of their kids were all laughing and smiling and healthy and happy at 5:30 pm at my office.

That evening one assistant got sick with Covid 19 and by the next day both were, then all their families, even their kids.

All of us were double vaccinated, my wife and I were boosted recently.

My wife and I still feel well. as does our 27 year old son. I’ve been a little tired the last two days, perhaps, or maybe I’m just like my Aunt Mildred and feeling quite sorry for myself for not being sick like the others.:)

My nicotine levels would kill a Turk, but they may have saved me a case of Covid 19.

Yet both my assistants smoke and my wife does, and our son uses snuff.

The saddest part of this story is one of my assistants had a 47 year old uncle that was against vaccinations. He died of Covid 19 about a month or so ago. His 77 year old mother still refused vaccinations, and now she’s in ICU from contact with my assistant, most likely.

Get your shots.

Get your booster.

They didn’t have the anti vaccination movement back when I was growing up.

If I’d have protested against getting my shots my parents would have beat my azz until I got my shots and then they’d have taken me out for ice cream.

The Good Lord knows what you need and want before you open your mouth to pray.

He sees every sparrow, when it falls.

And He helps those that help themselves, I think.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Get your shots.

Get your booster.

No matter which side of this issue you fall…

Human beings are primed to cause-effect conclusions. It’s one of our innate survival mechanisms. For example: A pediatrician about to give a vaccine to a child when the child suddenly takes on a seizure. Had the pediatrician administered the shot a moment sooner, it would’ve “appeared” that the shot caused the seizure. —No study or presentation of facts would convince the parents of that child otherwise! Once an emotional response is attached to a cause-effect scenario—it becomes nearly impossible to alter such conclusions.

In my family I have a retired attorney whose wife is an Infectious disease doctor and he absolutely refuses to get vaccinated!

I have a 50 year old cousin whom despite having all vaccinations, went straight to his lungs causing him damage that he’ll be dealing with for the rest of his life.

The fact is we just don’t know.

We’re in a period of history where only time will tell.

Note: I am not leaning one way or another in this issue.

Just offering some insight as to how and why human opinions can differ so widely and how strongly these opinions are held once formulated.

Last edited:

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Update:
Wife is on Day 7. She has been the sickest I have ever seen her. But starting yesterday, she was doing better than the day before. As of today, her fever has broken, and she’s on the upswing.

Unfortunately, my symptoms showed up last night. Feels like a really bad flu at the moment. The fever ebbs and flows. When it ebbs, it’s not so bad. When it flows, it’s ibuprofen and off to bed. But all in all, I’d say so far my symptoms are mild, if uncomfortable.

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words, anecdotes, prayers, and well-wishes. We’ll get through this one way or another.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Last Tuesday, my two legal assistants, me and my wife, and a couple of their kids were all laughing and smiling and healthy and happy at 5:30 pm at my office.

That evening one assistant got sick with Covid 19 and by the next day both were, then all their families, even their kids.

My wife and I still feel well. as does our 27 year old son. I’ve been a little tired the last two days, perhaps, or maybe I’m just like my Aunt Mildred and feeling quite sorry for myself for not being sick like the others.:)

My nicotine levels would kill a Turk, but they may have saved me a case of Covid 19.

The saddest part of this story is one of my assistants had a 47 year old uncle that was against vaccinations. He died of Covid 19 about a month or so ago. His 77 year old mother still refused vaccinations, and now she’s in ICU from contact with my assistant, most likely.

Get your shots.

Get your booster.

If I’d have protested against getting my shots my parents would have beat my azz until I got my shots and then they’d have taken me out for ice cream.

Get your shots.

Get your booster.

He sees every sparrow, when it falls.

I would never want a vaccine which is not tested,nobody garranties its function and young healthy people are dying from it and government is pushing you so hard to get it with mandates not considering your immunity ...They prosecute world class doctors which mention the danger of those covid vaccines.vaccines will change your DNA and there is no way back...It really stinks...and they try to debilitate the youngest generation with this vaccine...Its a shame!

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Well, mi hermano(a)s, in the last several days, here’s the flow:

Mom, dad, baby girl 1, baby girl 2, & wife are all Covid+. Still waiting for my results.

Mom & dad both got pretty sick for a couple days, then were back to criticizing my parenting. (Understandably.)

My wife is on day 3 of the sickest I’ve ever seen her. Not good there, but we’re powering through.

The girls are just sluggish, but the 2yo still has the energy to smack the 6yo right in the face over a Barbie doll. So they’re fine. Fevers kind of come and go. But otherwise fine.

I recall our friend @Grangerous & his wife were both positive over the holidays. Wondering if anybody knows how they’re doing a few weeks later. I recall from his post he was relying heavily on the same thing I am: Vitamin N.

It is interesting, though. I catch literally everything. My wife works in healthcare, & her immune system is like late-80s Arnold. (So basically my physique.) She brings it all home to me. And I apparently have a very thoughtful, receiving immune system. Doesn’t want any bugs to ever feel left out.

But in this situation, I’m feeling perfectly fine. Better than usual, actually, given that it’s winter & cold weather & misery abounds until around 85°. I mean, it’s bizarre that I’m not the one sick as a dog. Only thing I can attribute it to is the tobacco at this point. Fingers crossed I’m not eating those words a week from now.

I mean, I’m also taking a regimen of quercetin, zinc, B complex, D, and a multi. But I’m making sure to supplement with around 3-5 bowls per day.

Prayers certainly appreciated, if you do that sort of thing.
Prayers for you and the family sir!