PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merton

Lifer
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Yesterday afternoon I was blessed (?) with a visit from a very pretty district nurse who had come to give me my annual Covid booster & flu jabs. I got a new one this time, Novavax I think she said.

One in each arm, the process was as smooth as silk. I expected to feel a little 'iffy' later in the day as per usual when I have these jabs but nothing untoward happened.

That was until just before 3am when I woke up with the shivers so switched on my leccy blanket to warm me up. Within minutes I was suffering from the hots so off it went and that is pretty much how it went all night....virtually no sleep and alternating chills/hots. Also my shoulders were aching like heck.

It's now nearly 3pm and I'm still suffering chills/hots, plus all my joints are giving me pain and I feel sick as a parrot. Whether it is the new vaccine or what but this is no fun though it is infinitely better than full on Covid which I've had twice :rolleyes:.

Anyone else had Novavax? Do they still give boosters in the US?

Jay.
Sorry you are feeling poorly. Feel better soon I hope. You are a much loved member here!

MisterBadger

Might Stick Around
Oct 6, 2024
Ludlow, UK
Yesterday afternoon I was blessed (?) with a visit from a very pretty district nurse who had come to give me my annual Covid booster & flu jabs. I got a new one this time, Novavax I think she said.

One in each arm, the process was as smooth as silk. I expected to feel a little 'iffy' later in the day as per usual when I have these jabs but nothing untoward happened.

That was until just before 3am when I woke up with the shivers so switched on my leccy blanket to warm me up. Within minutes I was suffering from the hots so off it went and that is pretty much how it went all night....virtually no sleep and alternating chills/hots. Also my shoulders were aching like heck.

It's now nearly 3pm and I'm still suffering chills/hots, plus all my joints are giving me pain and I feel sick as a parrot. Whether it is the new vaccine or what but this is no fun though it is infinitely better than full on Covid which I've had twice :rolleyes:.

Anyone else had Novavax? Do they still give boosters in the US?

Jay.
- Had mine a couple of days ago. Never asked whose vaccine it was. Arm a little stiff still, but no undue ill effects (as usual). I did look up my local Clinical Commissioning Group's website just now to see, and got this on Novavax:

"Exceptional circumstances:

Novavax Matrix-M adjuvanted wild-type vaccine (Nuvaxovid), dose 5 micrograms (Spike protein) with 50 micrograms adjuvant, may be used ‘off-label’ as a booster dose for persons aged 18 years and above when no alternative clinically suitable UK-approved COVID-19 vaccine is available."

- Personally I don't find that a very cheering thought. Mrs. Badger was absolutely clobbered by her first booster jab - Pfizer - but no weirdness before that or since. It\'s funny how different vaccines take different folks. I hope you're over the adverse reaction now.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
mawnansmiff:

Here is a link to the Healthline Website and their listing of "Side Effects of Novavax..." I hope that you find this information to be useful. If you are still feeling poorly, then PLEASE follow-up with that pretty nurse or your physician.

Hope you feel better soon!

Incidentally, that nurse didn't look like this, did she?

1729379398340.png

I believe that she may be wanted by INTERPOL.

Last edited:

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, as long as Pro and Anti Vax statements are absent, we can go on.

Jay, sorry to hear your travails. Recent jab for Covid and flu, in left arm, slightly sore for a day, then ok.

But, LUPRON was injected into my rear yesterday. Sore as hell, despite massaging and hot pads. It was 22.5 Mg or whatever the size, 3 months version.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I'm due my 4th booster now. Keep reading about people calling it the "clot shot" and unexplained deaths. I dunno. Then I read about fit healthy people getting long covid. Doing 10k runs one day, the next they can't get up the stairs unaided. I dunno. Reading this brand of vax is safer than another. I dunno. Alex Jones said you shouldn't get the jab. I laughed at him when he said "the water is turning the frogs gay🐸🏳️‍🌈". Turns out he might be right. Something about estrogen in the water. I dunno. I remember reading people saying they put tiny microchips in the vaccine (or did I dream that?). I dunno.

I'll probably get the booster, but..... I dunno🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
But, LUPRON was injected into my rear yesterday. Sore as hell, despite massaging…

Sorry to hear it John, but as a sidebar even if I sold the homestead and cracked open my 401k I don’t think I have enough money to get someone of any age, gender, or for that matter species to massage my rear. I’ve always heard California is different but wow.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sorry to hear it John, but as a sidebar even if I sold the homestead and cracked open my 401k I don’t think I have enough money to get someone of any age, gender, or for that matter species to massage my rear. I’ve always heard California is different but wow.
Hah! It was me, so no problem.

Too many posts edging towards personal views on vaccinations. This one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.