Here
KGrHqNrkErPBoHjPBQKCHRmOtQ60_57.jpg

:nana: :worship: :rofl:
jay-roger.jpg

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
It's funny that wax drips were mentioned as my Larrysson Drip is my precious as great blast and great gooey drips. A fun pipe.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The only pipe I covet belongs to Jesse. Jesse, if you could please post a pic of your Tatum volcano I’d be much obliged. This is the best looking pipe I’ve ever seen.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've seen the Balleby panel and it is sumptuous! However when I look at the obscene price, I immediately lose interest. Though the reality is that I'm no judge of price, my gut revolts.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
As soon as I saw all the white I thought Cannoy. Unusual and very appealing.
Though I agree the rustication of the Eltang poker is also appealing, what I think about is how quickly he can knock out half a dozen of these for ~$550.00 a hit when this is at most a $200.00-$300.00 pipe.

Yeh, it seems counter intuitive. When a pipemaker is starting out and taking three days to make a pipe, it goes for $150 or so, and then as he gets good enough to crank out a half dozen a day, the price goes up.
But, having been a part of the art community for decades, I will never understand why someone would want to hand-make more than one of any given design. You have the whole world of imagination and creativity at your command, and you make the same damn design dozens of times? At least in the jewelry world, and just about every type of craft, when someone is making many of the same design, they are farming it out or casting or using some sort of production method. A truly creative person would go crazy doing that.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jay, that Rad is probably my ugliest, but it smokes real good. You can covet all you want, I ain't getting rid of it. :nana:
jesse, that is a pretty one.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Here is another pipe on the Covet List for me. An original Brakner Danish Opera shape with regular round chamber. It is a pre - W.Ø. Larsen model. As a collector of this shape, this original is a grail pipe.
Brakner_Rusticated_AntiquePot.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would love to own a pipe from S.Bang. Their classic shapes are what I really like. This one is a perfect example.
https://www.alpascia.com/en/prodotto/37369/s.bang-1633

Status
Not open for further replies.