PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

1a.m.

Lurker
Mar 12, 2023
Do pipe tobacco manufacturers have coupons? I give all my coupons away from all the other tobacco manufacturers to the people I like. I never in my days have ever got a coupon for pipe. I think it would be wild for a guy like me to walk into wall greens with a coupon that said. Buy 1 tin Prince Albert get 2 free Tins.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Do pipe tobacco manufacturers have coupons? I give all my coupons away from all the other tobacco manufacturers to the people I like. I never in my days have ever got a coupon for pipe. I think it would be wild for a guy like me to walk into wall greens with a coupon that said. Buy 1 tin Prince Albert get 2 free Tins.
If you give your coupons from tobacco manufacturers away then you already know the answer, lol, so keep one for yourself and go into “wall greens” - is that a pocket park in Marylebone? ✌️

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Never seen pipe tobacco coupons. Maybe they did before I started smoking pipes. Cig manufacturers still send coupons. Maybe sending coupons will increase pipe smoking population. "Hey honey. I got a coupon for Carter Hall! Now I gotta go get me a pipe! Been waiting my whole life for this!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: FurCoat

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
Half and Half does, they have a website where you can sign up for them.

Reactions: anotherbob

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Certainly seems like a lost cause to collect pipe coupons, I knew they used to do this in the old day but thought it had died out.

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
In the 1960s Prince Albert had coupons for a free Schrade knife. I don't remember the actual details whether it was one or two coupons and $2 to cover postage, but they would send you a free pocket knife. I seem to remember somewhere offers in the 1970s, where the manufacturer would send you a pipe if you had the prescribed number of coupons. I think maybe Borkum Riff had such an offer.