PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
Thanks for the reply, I did google and check Pipedia before posting; definitely not a Vuillard. I assumed it was a basket when I bought it; no other markings just the V on the stem. Bought them both at an estate sale that had some high dollar pipes, (Costello, Dunhill etc…). I couldn't make it until the last day so I was surprised to see the Pete remained with what appeared to be a half dozen basket pipes. Normally I wouldn’t think twice as it appears to be a basket but with the number of expensive pipes they had I was curious. i Added a better photo of the stem.

D832CCA3-812E-4E2B-89A0-E4A25701C4E6.jpeg

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
I want to amend this. “Basket pipe” might not be accurate. They were an Italian-made Tinder Box exclusive. I don’t have a clue what year your pipe might be, but in ‘78 Veronas were selling for $20-$30.
Thanks for the information, with absolutely zero markings on the pipe I would have never figured it out. I figured someone on here would know. No clue how old it is but the black finish was crumbling in my hand. I had to strip it down to the briar with a wire brush and refinish it.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
the very shape I'd like to get , based on my observation those are pretty rare, and even more so if fitted with a standard fishtail
The shape is the reason I picked it up to take a closer look. I would have preferred a fishtail if I had a choice. Given the circumstances I am extremely pleased considering i showed up near the end of the sale.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian