PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Yeah...gents, I made a 2lb order from Country Squire and customs here in Oz snagged it.
I was very concerned the stuff had been sent by USPS because here in Oz USPS is code, for, "Gotcha bitch!".
So, I did a couple of emails back and forth with Quinn when it didn't show up, to see if he knew anything.
Anyway, Customs 1. Me 0.
So, when I said to Quinn I'd received a Siezure and Disposal notice, he said send me a copy of the same.
OK...sent said copy.
He gets back to me and says they've issued a full refund for the product ordered. I copped the postage, but wow, kudos to Country Squire for having rolled gold integrity on this one.
You gonna have to walk a long way to get better than that.
That is proactivity personified. No questions. No ifs, or buts. Bang, there's the refund in PayPal in ten minutes or less.
If they changed to GlobalPost, I'd reorder; so I'll have to clarify that one with them.
That is water-tight customer service!

Last edited:

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
I'm sorry about your order, but I'm glad (and not at all surprised) that they were so helpful! Truly one of the few businesses I go out of my way to support.

Reactions: SunriseBoy

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
How perceptive...?!
So do they get the package back? If not, and I’d guess not, they’d be smart to discontinue shipping to Australia - but maybe a risk they are willing to take for some odd reason.
No they don't get it back. If you'd read the post, they do "Siezure and Destroy", straight up. Though they do offer you to pay the market price. Which in this case would have been around $1800AUD, plus GST of 10%.
As you might imagine, I passed on that offer.

Reactions: kcghost

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
How perceptive...?!

No they don't get it back. If you'd read the post, they do "Siezure and Destroy", straight up. Though they do offer you to pay the market price. Which in this case would have been around $1800AUD, plus GST of 10%.
As you might imagine, I passed on that offer.
If you ordered it I would expect to you pay the price. You had to know you weren’t going to get 2lbs of tobacco through customs for nothing right. Why should Country Squire eat the cost.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Damn, it’s been previously stipulated that 🇦🇺 does not want its folks to enjoy the 🍂. I bet that given the way the shipping police operate in your country an eventual discontinuation of shipping 🍂 to 🇦🇺 is most likely in the offing. Glad that they took care of you, but if I were The Country Squire & alike I’d start to weigh that option…damn shame though. ☕

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Wow, the Sunday Preachers are out with their sermons!
Thursday here! I think they are just expressing the obvious - I’d be surprised if they shipped another order down under with any expectation of refunding if it was seized and there shouldn’t be such an expectation. They went above and beyond in refunding and I still think that was a really nice gesture. On the other hand, if you order knowing you can’t satisfy the legal requirements for bringing in tobacco (which they have a right to assume you can) that seems a little less than forthcoming. May cause them to tighten up their procedures and policies, so maybe a plus in there for them as well.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Thursday here! I think they are just expressing the obvious - I’d be surprised if they shipped another order down under with any expectation of refunding if it was seized and there shouldn’t be such an expectation. They went above and beyond in refunding and I still think that was a really nice gesture. On the other hand, if you order knowing you can’t satisfy the legal requirements for bringing in tobacco (which they have a right to assume you can) that seems a little less than forthcoming. May cause them to tighten up their procedures and policies, so maybe a plus in there for them as well.
Guys, the reason we do this is because blends here are $1800 for a kilo, as in two pounds. Go figure!
Anyway, they've got their opinion, and I've got mine. And I'm sticking to it.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Anyway, they've got their opinion, and I've got mine. And I'm sticking to it.
That a retailer willing to ship against the regs should eat their cost of product shipped?
It was well above and beyond that they refunded you the purchase price, but to expect them to do so is a bit much.
To expect them to do it repeatedly is ridiculous.