New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
Well, my sampler pack just arrived! Time to go pack up, sit back, and listen to the rain. My only problem now is which one should I try first? My guess is that I am good to go for a bit... NO MORE TOBACCO PURCHASES, HONEY, I SWEAR, I MEAN IT THIS TIME, REALLY!

This is what I just received, all 1 oz packs:

1) Northwest Trek
2) Shepherd's Pie
3) Bag End
4) Green Dragon
5) Kingsfoil
6) Old Toby
7) Rivendell
8) Second Breakfast

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I don't smoke aromatics often, but when I do, Old Toby, Figgy Pudding, and Rivendell are on the shortlist. My all time favorite aromatic is Firedance Flake from samuel gawith, but if I want something more sweet I go with TCS. You can still taste the tobacco mind you, but they are sweet.

The wife says their room notes are great too, if that means anything to you.

F

fMf Piper

I chose to go with Rivendell tonight. And yes, the room notes are important to me, although I don't smoke in the house. But my patio smells great!
Well, now I will probably have to add at least a few of these to my next order as well. Glad to hear you are liking the Rivendell so far. :sher:

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
If aromatics are a worthy pursuit, consider the Middle Earth Pipeweed series of custom blends from Just For Him, a Missouri based e-tailer. I just posted in a thread on English tobaccos about their late and sadly departed blend "Shortcut to Mushrooms," which contained Latakia. Bombadil is its reincarnation, but there are a number of other blends in the series with evocative LoTR names. But I think SBC's post above is worth noting in terms of what may be considered a "true" LoTR tobacco blend.

Reactions: Cyxelsid