PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
If estate pipes are coming on the market because their (frequently elderly) owners have passed away would you risk buying their pipes?
Viruses on pipes last hours to days. You don’t need to do anything but wait. There’s no risk.

Reactions: paulfg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
One consideration for the estate market in these virus obsessed times, contagion.

If estate pipes are coming on the market because their (frequently elderly) owners have passed away would you risk buying their pipes?
No, I wouldn't. But I've been a germophobe way, way before the present situation. My anti-used-pipes stance is legendary in these forums.

You're either concerned about germs or you aren't. There are worse things than coronavirus lurking in the dark recesses of used stuff.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
No, I wouldn't. But I've been a germophobe way, way before the present situation. My anti-used-pipes stance is legendary in these forums.

You're either concerned about germs or you aren't. There are worse things than coronavirus lurking in the dark recesses of used stuff.

What about glasses and silverware at restaurants? Do those get justified somehow? Haha

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Off topic for germophobes. You can read about fecal transplant but the following picture gives you a gist

View attachment 25843
These transplants do sound ridiculous, but I can tell you that a fecal transplant likely saved the life of someone close to me who had experienced a couple years fighting recurrent Clostridioides difficile (c-diff) infections and the associated malnutrition, dehydration, and renal issues.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Generally a downward jolt in prices happens because other things aren't equal. People with cash to spend will get some bargains. People trying to keep afloat will stick with trying to keep afloat.
When money gets tight, luxuries go out the window.

Exactly so. When high-end pipes are suddenly going for peanuts there will be a damn good reason for it. Pipe collectors won't be any better off than anyone else should that day come. Getting a bargain on a Dunhill will likely be the last thing on their mind when their investment portfolio is in the toilet and their home mortgage is underwater.

Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.