PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1647887644305.png

Continuing with the HP Lovecraft series by Cornell & Diehl is Innsmouth, which is interestingly a story about a place near my home town of Methuen, MA in Essex County USA near Plum Island on the coast; completely fictional.

Perique (to me) seemed predominant here as I cracked open the can (of madness? No Cthulhu was summoned from the Deep). Wafts of honey and vanilla sweet with candied apricots. The vanilla is my reckoning of Black Cavendish that is lightly spaced.

Packed easily in long ribbons and is inoffensive in taste of what reminded me of Sutliff Honey and Camel Signature Blend Robust tobacco or perhaps Camel Turkish Royal or Perique Natural American Spirits with a splash of Jack Daniel's whiskey sour, but in a good way.

Another way to describe this might be fairly weak Irish Breakfast Tea with honey and drop of lemon (maybe a splash of milk). I mean a SPLASH, you Brits who violently abuse tea into a latte by adding a bloody gallon all over the 6 oz cup, pouring all over the table, the floor, the basement flooded with milk, the town drowns, the sky white as the volume rises). No, not that, just a splash.

It's nice and leaves that tea-taste afterwards. Probably leaves a high quality cigarette room note no one wants.

The flavors are natural and not added; pure tobacco, not an aromatic, though it seems like it to me a bit, it's nice and soothing.

Very enjoyable and mild, smooth, and if sipped, reasonable nicotine without being a monster. Smokes coolly and even.

Recommended.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Nicely written. Wasn't interested in the tobacco but the style got me all the way to the end. Now I'm reminded of Miskatonic Mixture and wish I had a bowl to revisit.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I smoked through a tin pretty quick last summer. I thought the flavors stayed consistent through most of the duration. Used it as a nightcap smoke many a evening.