PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Still waiting on my delivery...it went to PR by accident!

Should be here next week sometime...

Tracking Details
• In Transit to Next Facility, 04/10/2020
Departed USPS Regional Facility, April 9, 2020, 6:30 pm, SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility, April 9, 2020, 10:20 am, SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending, April 7, 2020, 5:08 pm, LONGS, SC 29568
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item, April 7, 2020, 2:09 pm, LONGS, SC 29568

I’ve had a package stuck in “in transit to next facility” since Thursday.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for the kind comments. I appreciate it.

Update: On the second smoke of this blend the perique seems to have mellowed out, perhaps from having the tin opened. It is a smooth, cool smoke, but the bulk of what I said still stands as my personal review.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I have 6 pins, 5 of which will be allowed to age for at least a year. I like the perique, but like most Virginia forward blends this one can benefit from a little more time. I'm happy with the purchase.

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
Just got 2 tins one for now one for the "cellar" . So far 3 bowls in I feel like its very similar to xx dark flake. Wish I still had some xxdf left to compare... I like it, tastes like fine natural unflavored baccy to me. Can't wait to see how my cellar tin is when I pop it open in a few weeks. I agree with op about tea and raisin tin note. I jarred the open one and am enjoying it. I'd even recommend buying some just for the 18 yr old perique if you're into VaPers . Cheers!

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Awesome job with the review! I do not enjoy it near as much as the 2019 version of CRF but the tin is still so fresh that I don't want to fully judge it yet. It really is a beautiful presentation as well. Gorgeous flakes. Hopefully some extra time will amplify the sweetness and fruitiness of the VAs

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
Got two tins of this and opened one. I tend to smoke quickly and that's often a problem with VA blends, but I didn't notice much tongue bite. Good review. Can't say I disagree with any of it. I'll likely age my open tin some before smoking any more of it.

philipa4

Might Stick Around
Mar 11, 2018
I also have mixed views on this blend. I don't feel it's amazing, but also don't dislike it. I think I will also let it sit for a while and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.