PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Jay, that was another great one! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: One of these days you should post all of them to one thread. They give me a good chuckle every sing time! :clap:

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
I'm not sure if I really like this stuff...
I've smoked 10 tins already, and have another 40 in the cellar. Each time I open a tin, I'm reminded of the ho hum rum topping and it turns me off.
Ten tins through and I think I'll try something else, but just to be safe, I placed another order today for another 20 tins.
How long does it take to determine if you don't like a blend? Is 60 tins enough? I'm thinking about trying another 20 tins or so to make sure I don't like it.
On the other hand, I might buy another 80 or so tins just in case I might start liking it in the future.
It is a shame that C&D doesn't sell this in bulk, so that I can ensure my distaste for this blend in 5 lb. increments.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I just bought my first brick of Pirate Kake. It seems odd that one is offered and not the other.
jay-roger.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Jay's a poet.

Don't nobody tell him to stow it.

He rhymes.

All the times.

It's the cleaning fluid.

First he drinkid,

& then he spewid.
Whether the Frigate will dig it
Is another matter entirely!
BTW, Dave, you might want to try their Belmont Station too. More of an aro, but def worth your time! And oh, yeah, powder monkeys & cabin boys are a good way to learn the, uh, keelhaul "ropes"! :twisted:
Bill

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Ahoy t' th' newest batch o' crimps fer th' Black Frigate, from one o' th' newest hands o' th' crew. I be jus' finished wit' all o' th' initiatin', 'n now 'tis yer turn fer takin' th' plunge. Hail th' Frigate 'n th' great Cap'n Embers!
CW

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not in that picture. I'm standing off to the side with a blunderbuss making sure everyone is raising their flags :twisted:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Jay apprenticed you as gunner, anthony?? I admit it *is* a step up from deck-swabber, but don't you remember what the apprentice has to do after they fire the cap'n black grape crap from the swivel guns?! And you don't waste good cleaning fluid on doing that -- elbow grease only, & a scrub brush!

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Just ordered my first tin. Any tips on prepping to smoke? I assume crumble is the operative word! Looking forward to finally trying this!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Until Black Frigate took on the mantle of wild card movie star of blends on Forums, I think Royal Yacht (or Royal Yuck) sort of filled that roll, but unplanned, Black Frigate took over the role just as RY has apparently been discontinued. I'm still waiting (somewhat) for the Dunhill blends come-back tour, but now Black Frigate reigns supreme. I'm still on the crew of the long decommissioned USS Gallant, MSO 489, but I do stand on deck and salute as the Black Frigate sails past. And I still have an unopened tin of RY aging. Notice, everything's nautical here.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I must have had a sabotaged tin. My experience was far from the pirate-invoking, yar-linguistic orgy of forum praise that I read on here weekly.
Or maybe I'm just a "land-lubber" oi?

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Thank you Embers! I will be very soon. Still waiting on postal...

Status
Not open for further replies.