PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
I know to really make it through a blend, you have to give it a few bowlfuls. But when I recently tried Cornell and Diehl's Nutty Irishman, I made an exception. When I first popped open a tin, which I decided to keep for myself instead of giving it to my buddy like I'd initially intended, I was hoping for something else.
I know this may sound odd, but it reminded me of taking a big piece of chocolate cake and then immediately taking a piece of strong, menty gum. It was like a weird Rorshach test for my tongue. I even remember thinking, "This seems like an odd description" but it's fitting.
I recently purchased two Mark Twain Missouri Meerschaums and was eager to try out some new tobacco. I have had two bowls of Master Penman, which I love, from the straight and enjoyed it thoroughly. In fact, it was my first cob smoke which was super smooth and cool.
I really wanted to like this blend, but I couldn't do it more than the first few minutes. In fact, I dumped it while driving, pulled over, and put in more Master Penman. A wet fart in a van with no AC and broken power windows would have been a better experience. That's how I feel about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.