PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
@chasingembers I dig that tamper! nice!

I also agree with what everyone has said so far! Love my cobs, they smoke great, really lend something nice to VA's and VA/Pers INMO.

They are durable and I don't worry that if I drop it over the side of the boat or get it soaking wet in a storm that I'll be crying for weeks, I'll just spend another 7 to 20 bucks and keep smoking.

Also +1 for the more "fancy" ones with the acrylic stems, I've got a Pot o' gold and a Charles Towne Cobbler that smoke great like any cob and the stem is a welcome enhancement.

I'm actually packing some McClelland Darkstar in my legend right now...

Yeh, yeh, yeh, everyone's all lining up to deep throat the corncobs. Sheeze, all these folks that just love the smell of a dirty cob adding it's nastiness to their tobacco flavors. Sure, sure, buy your pipe held together with Elmers glue. It kills me... if any of my pipes smoked with that wide opened, sucking wind draw, I'd crush it in a heartbeat.

That said, if you love 'em, smoke em. The more folks that go chasing these dime store toys, the less competition there is for real pipes. ;) puffy

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Ditto on all the positives listed in above posts. I have close to 30 in my rotation. If you smoke more than one bowl a day you would have to have a sizeable briar collection which monetarily would add up. Cheap way to extend the rotation. I also smoke outside and on very humid days I smoke cobs for their ability to draw the moisture away from the tobacco. Great pipes and a great investment.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Yeh, yeh, yeh, everyone's all lining up to deep throat the corncobs. Sheeze, all these folks that just love the smell of a dirty cob adding it's nastiness to their tobacco flavors. Sure, sure, buy your pipe held together with Elmers glue. It kills me... if any of my pipes smoked with that wide opened, sucking wind draw, I'd crush it in a heartbeat.

That said, if you love 'em, smoke em. The more folks that go chasing these dime store toys, the less competition there is for real pipes. ;) puffy
Come on...Not one cob?

Not even on a hot, sweaty, humid, day kicking around in the yard? ?

Seamaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
Scotland
If I were into used pipes, I'd ask you where you'll be throwing them Savs out to. But I will smoke many, very many cobs before I buy a used pipe.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy and appreciate my Savs. But they’re rarely the first pipe I reach for. As a simple smoking tool, the cob does the job (to coin a phrase).

PS: I feel the same way about used pipes.

Reactions: edger