PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorock

Lurker
Feb 28, 2012
Lately, I've really been enjoying some burley tobaccos in my corn cobs. It seems weird to watch my artisan pipes to sit resting while I puff on a five dollar cob but these pipes are just phenomenal smokers.
I was wondering if anybody has a link to John Patton's corn cob primer, I'd love to read that article again; to be honest, I miss John's passion for the noble cob. Does anybody know if John is still around somewhere?
kind regards,
Joseph

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Reading my Primer isn't enough. You need to follow the advice offered in it too. I'm still as passionate as ever about Missouri Meerschaum cobs.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
The cob primer is more or less where I started smoking pipes. I smoked cobs waaaaay longer than I smoked briars, I love cobs, my favorite is the freehand, but I believe I am starting to like the Dragon cob more. I still love the cob, I am planning on getting an unfinished freehand at some point too

razorock

Lurker
Feb 28, 2012
Hi John,
I've been following most of it for a while; I needed a refresher read. That article is really good reading, thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of us.
Do you know if they ever started making the natural diplomats?

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Yes, they do offer naturals in most all models now, but the supply is still very limited, so you have to order them directly from the factory at 800-888-2109. I know that number by heart, which proves I buy way too many cobs.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I'm trying to fall in love with briar, and I am, slowly. But I really love corncobs. Like sit out in the driveway in my old Ford van in an Oregon winter rainstorm for an hour type of love. Especially MM corncobs. I read the Primer awhile ago long after I'd been smoking them and it cleared up a lot of issues (thankyou John), which made me fall even harder for them (thankyou even more).

Now I want mine, so out to the van haha.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
All this cob talk has really got me interested. 20 years of pipe smoking and I never tried a cob so I picked up a MM at the local drug store the other day. I've not smoked it yet so I'll check out the primer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.