PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Well my results came back and its stage 1 COPD and after much thought and advice/support from all you fine folks, I've decided that breath is more important than smoking like I was. I have quit the cigs now, the pipe goes next and the only thing I might keep on board is an occasional cigar...I would have been too tempted inhale with the pipe, cigars are another animal for me completely and there is no inhaling with them.
Onto the Sale:
I have an idea that I will sell 4 bundles of goodies for a really good deal to keep things easy.
I will sell 1 pipe, 6 fully sealed tins of tobacco, a full package of pipe cleaners, an aluminum tamp or two depending on how many I have, plus deliver it to your house, for what I think is a pretty good deal.
$55.00
1st pipe bundle is a like new Stanwell brushed black bulldog, only smoked a 5 or 6 times, purchased for 49.99.

Here is a link: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/66514/stanwell-brushed-black-pipes/

The tobacco will be 1 mason jar of 3.5oz of Marlin Flake which was tinned just 2 weeks ago and 5 tins of Capt Earle's Private stock, 2oz...Delicious stuff by the way...well balanced...behaves well...so sorry to see this go.
2nd pipe bundle is a New Stanwell brushed black Apple, not smoked even once, purchased for 49.99.

Here is a link: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/66514/stanwell-brushed-black-pipes/

The tobacco will be one 50grams tin of Marlin Flake and 5 tins of Capt. Earle's Private Stock, 2oz.
3rd pipe bundle is a like new Stanwell brushed black Apple, only smoked 5 or 6 times, purchased for 49.99.

The tobacco will be one 100gram tin (not a typo, 100gr) of Marlin Flake and 5 tins of Capt. Earle's Private Stock, 2oz.
4th pipe bundle is a like new Design Berlin, black, gently rusticated Volcano, only smoked 5 or 6 times, purchased for 59.00.

Here is a link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=design+berlin+black+volcano+pipe+image&view=detailv2&&&id=B8987E6D80B6E2313A3DE2AA616ED31BF949FD8D&selectedIndex=12&ccid=fGUYz7aG&simid=608001244634023597&thid=JN.m97UKcZQx6RxdZyDeu%2btPQ&ajaxhist=0
It looks just like this but gently rusticated black.

The tobacco will be a 50gr tin of Marlin flake and 5 tins of the Capt Earle's Private Stock, 2oz.
Please pardon me posting this here but I wanted this thread to be aligned with the other COPD thread I just posted a short while ago for this to make sense.
Money Orders only please and I will ship as soon as I cash the MO so I can use some of those funds to send the goods out to you with no additional charge beyond the 55.00.
Thank you all in advance and its been great being here on this board. I'm keeping my cobs for memories and they wouldn't sell anyway in the shape I have them...lol.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
So sorry to hear this. You are right..breathing is far more important. Hope all goes well.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks Pepesdad. Yeah I think so too and I will still partake on occasion :)
1 and 3 have been spoken for.
2 and 4 are left! :)

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Well all four have been spoken for. Thank you guys!
You know I will still be an active part of this group, you all are my friends and we have so much more in common than just tobacco...you guys are family.
Plus I'll still enjoy some smoke from time to time. I have a favorite little smoke...Parodi cheroots. They are dry cured, 100 percent tobacco and are stout in flavor....very tasty.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like those Cheroots too ... Kentucky Fire Cured goodness!
If you cut them in half, they have a better draw.
Plus, half of one of those puppies is plenty! :P

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
They are strong indeed. I love them. A really good deal for an all tobacco smoke. Found 50 of them for 37.00 and some change at Pipesandcigars.com.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... just did the same order! :)
ds-cky.jpg

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I am so sorry to hear about this deceleration of pipe smoking. But health is far more important than our venerable smoking habit...

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I agree, spencer. Thanks for writing.
Cob, those look delicious. Have not tried that brand though.
They used to sell the Parodis at CVS but after they got rid of tobacco products I can't find them at any local drugstore...well have not tried Walgreens yet, there is hope.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Ahhhh ... I just focused on "Cheroot".
Yes, big difference.
They are, however, both made by Avanti who also puts out De Nobili, Estilo and Ramrods.
Geoffry ... I'll send you a box of those Kentucky Cheroots when I mail off the check! :)

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
@seadog - I'm glad you put thought into it and came to the conclusion you did. Health rarely gets thought of until it turns bad. I know from experience. Please take care and enjoy life as much as you can. Perhaps the occasional bowl will satisfy your need.

-John :puffy:

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks av8...I agree and I'm trying to still have a little of our beloved weed in my life and not compromise my health more than absolutely, minimally so.
Lets be clear here though...it was not the pipe that did this to me...it was years of choosing to smoke strong cigarettes...lets see I smoked from 14 to 19...then quit for 10 years. In Grad school I started again around 29 and smoked until a few days ago, I'm 45 now. That's 21 years of inhaling adulterated tobacco into my lungs. Pipe tobacco is not inhaled typically, and it is processed so much less than the Chesterfield filterless make your lungs bleed specials of yesteryear.
I was a fool, but alas this has been caught early and with good meds and better meds to come out, I should be fine. Shit, our friend Leonard Nimoy lived into his 80s and finally died after smoking into his early 50s I believe...so probably 20-30 years of the smokes (god I miss him...what a truly good man...anyway I digress).
We all know that smoking a pipe has risks....duh!! :) But we have decided on the gentlest most enjoyable form of taking tobacco that is of the highest quality (next to premium cigars) and a little risk in my book is ok...hell there is risk inherent in life from the time we are blessed to open our eyes in the morning and hopeful that we can close them at night with a repeat performance in just 8 hours.
My favorite cheroots have been ordered...10-5 packs and should last me a while and this is not settling. I really love these strong little buggers...I'm blessed to have Stage one and good meds...I'm blessed to have all you jokesters to laugh at life with me and I'm going to remain at this party.
BTW, as I said, I will keep my eyes open for Penzance and Stonehaven and will either pass on that information here or just buy the stuff and give or sell at the price I paid. My goal is for all on this site to at least try these 2 famously wonderful blends at least once in their lifetime. I'm shooting for a Christmas distribution.
A new phase in my life is happening with this change, my daughter moving away from me and its summer time so that means GUNS!! I love to shoot handguns and the smell of burned gunpowder in the warm air of June, July and Ausust will please me to no end. Then there will be the ride home, cheroot between lips while cranking up the Beatles, Zepplein, Sabbath, Pink Floyd or the like. Life will move on for me and happiness with be regained. I feel the Lord placed me here to find this second family and I plan on taking advantage of all my blessings since they don't happen all the time.
Cheers to all!!
One last note...If you can and it works with your family dynamics, tell that woman who bore you life or life of your children a Happy Mother's Day!!
I love you Mommy, thank you for giving me life and being the one true person I have always been able to trust.
See you guys and gals on the boards!! Enjoy your Sunday and thank you yet again for being a stellar bunch of human beings!! Truly awestruck and grateful, am I.
Geoffry

Status
Not open for further replies.