PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Olivia de Havilland died at 104; she'd tasted fame big time and was not overly impressed. She said life without movie acting was better because all she'd done is work all the time. I think she suspected what life was about. She won her law suit to get out of her contract with Warner Brothers, so there. She retained her licensing rights to the character Melanie in "Gone With The Wind," so my sister went to Paris and met with her several times relating to licensing the image, and the two, both petite blondes, hit it off and exchanged notes and holiday cards for some years.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Olivia de Havilland died at 104; she'd tasted fame big time and was not overly impressed. She said life without movie acting was better because all she'd done is work all the time. I think she suspected what life was about. She won her law suit to get out of her contract with Warner Brothers, so there. She retained her licensing rights to the character Melanie in "Gone With The Wind," so my sister went to Paris and met with her several times relating to licensing the image, and the two, both petite blondes, hit it off and exchanged notes and holiday cards for some years.

After the recent controversy over Gone With The Wind I looked her up and was shocked to see she was still alive. Last of the actresses from Hollywood's golden age. Cool that your sis got to know her MSO.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I will watch the Adventures of Robin Hood in her memory. Great old movie."

You do know that Robin Hood wasn't American don't you ?

I too thought she had passed years ago.

Regards,

Jay.?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of those show biz women who stood up for herself, along with Mae West, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, and in a sense Maya Angelou who started out as an exotic dancer -- I never appreciated her until I knew she'd started out in show biz, had that kind of street smarts, that makes her later royal demeanor make perfect sense. Oh to live so long people think you are long gone, while you keep an eye on them.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
R.I.P. to this grand dame of the screen. Ditto: to Regis Philbin, a great entertainer from the early days of TV, to present day. Both, class acts.

Reactions: gerryp

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
"I will watch the Adventures of Robin Hood in her memory. Great old movie."

You do know that Robin Hood wasn't American don't you ?

I too thought she had passed years ago.

Regards,

Jay.?
Robin Good was definitely American!
Some other great Americans were Moses, Spartacus, and Genghis Khan.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
For those who aren't old enough to get the joke:
Robin Hood - Errol Flynn
Moses - Charlton Heston
Spartacus - Kirk Douglas
Genghis Khan - John Wayne

?

Reactions: mawnansmiff
Status