PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I posted some time back when my lovely wife surprised me by bringing home this beauty, a pipe made by Ted Haviland. Now that I have been smoking it for several months, I want to offer my compliments to the artist. This has become my absolute favorite pipe. It is a great shape, light weight and very comfortable in the teeth, and it just looks great to me. In addition, it smokes great. I smoke mostly burleys, Mac Baren BLB and Carter Hall in this pipe, and the draw is just perfect. Relights are minimal, and there is no gurgle. Anyway, I'm not sure if Mr. Haviland is a member of this forum, but I want to offer my compliments. Thanks for the great pipe.

Peace,

Bill

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I would have to agree Pete. After seeing his pipes and reading post by Six, that I too look more and more at that style of pipe. My last two pipes have been straight billiards.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
I've been increasingly becoming a sucker for a straight billiard, Six must be rubbing off on me! LOL!
Just seems you've made the natural transition to superior designs. If you look back into the golden days of the movies, the hero always smoke a solid English shape. Thing like Rhodesian were relegated to Commies and their fellow travelers. (Sorry, Al) Occasionally, they cast some kindly but overweight ancient with a bent pipe. Who'd want to be that guy?
So, you and Six can revel in your superiority over the hoi paloi that smoke the abomination of shapes that fail to represent Truth, Justice, and the American (throw in the Brits) way. I go for a kindly but grimacing head nod at those failing to recognize that Form follows Function.
(Ducking the brick bats and stinkier items with a grace that is just like that my billiard exhibits)

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Ted is a great guy and a member of several Facebook pipes groups. Though I haven't seen him on here. A consummate gentleman and a true craftsman. That is a beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.