PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesmoker66

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
I plan on heading there Saturday morning. Looking forward to it as it will be my first show. My wife will be tagging along so as to keep me from spending all our funds.. :puffy:

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Ah pipesmoker66 - that's a tough one. It's wonderful having your wife take an interest in your hobby, but having her there means that you either have to admit to your side 'hobby' account as you spend the money you've been realigning (diverting has such negative connotations and sequestering is just illegal!), or you have to look at loads of things you know you can afford but can't purchase with her around. I have taken the memsahib with me before and pre-loaded my 'pipe funds' into a current account to spend on the day, but then you have to spend the lot at the show and hope she doesn't realise you're spending cash you - technically - don't have! Also, there's the real risk of the good lady spotting the transactions if she looks at your bank statements. In my case, if the wife is with me then I normally take a wad of cash, do the deal with the seller while she's not looking and exchange cash for pipes later on once she's bored and drinking ladyjuice at the bar with the other women. All a bit shady but quite good fun! Hope you enjoy the show!
Andy

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife and I have to drive my son to and from work. We charge him $2 per trip. This money is play money, not grocery funds. Thus we are negotiating, who gets to drive rather than who hast to drive. She squanders her funds on quilting and I invest mine in pipes and tobacco.
Have fun at the show. Post lots of pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.