PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
I guess that puts me in the "collector-smoker" catagory.
Yes, I have a problem..... but its fun!

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
This seems familiar Erardo,quote:-
"Finally, the true collector can smoke, or can be a non smoker man. He loves pipes as collection items, maybe as an investment. His collection is a museum, his pipes are artworks or archaeological pieces. If he is a pipesmoker, then is going to smoke only the pipes that he feels not really belonging to his collection."

skipper

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2010
Yes indeed, I think that's you!

And I'm afraid myself to step in the C-S category!

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
I fear I come into the first catagory. I haven't the numbers of pipes, nor to be honest do I have the available where with all to become a collector. Far too much money tied up in instruments and associated equipment I am afraid. But, I do keep my eyes open to anything unusual that catches my eye and is manageable within the rather tight budget.
I know that Carol would be delighted to see some of the Gear leave and would have no problems with an additional Rack or two of pipes appearing in their place. LOL
Best Regards

Rob

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Bottom line....buy what you like.
Not because its rare, trendy, cool, whatever...that's my collecting motto.
Heck, no one has to justify their collection to anyone.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I cannot imagine laying down money for a pipe that would not be comfortable to smoke. Part of the enjoyment of owning pipes resides in the positive memories associated with smoking them.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Sandpiper, an absolutely astounding collection of pipes. Thanks for sharing. After following the posts I would put myself with the smoker collector, I, like mluag, have a facination for the pipes of Preben Holm.

Status
Not open for further replies.