Colibri Pacific Air vs Corona Pipemaster?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeb

Lurker
Mar 8, 2021
I have been looking for a new lighter for quite some time. Im googling different lighters and got a tip from a friend about a Colibri pacific air. What would you have bought? Is the pipe master worth almost double the price?

Beeb

Lurker
Mar 8, 2021
I think Colibri lighters are great and kind of under rated.
Yes, i have one to light my cigars, but some say that the Colibri butane lighters tend to burn ”to hot”for pipes and that the Pipemaster is a better choise?

Beeb

Lurker
Mar 8, 2021
make sure you get a soft flame one. If that's too hot maybe just rub the tobacco in your hands till it catches light. ;)
Yes, the one to my cigars is not i soft flame, thats why a need another lighter, but im not shure if i should buy the Colibri or the Pipemaster?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have purchased a few Colibri lighters. I found the quality to be a step or two below IM Corona and Kiribi. I've not been able to get one to last more than 6 months to a year. Further, I would not buy any more piezo eletric spark lighters. I like not having to replace flints but it seems over time, they just don't light as reliably. I have 2 Pipemasters and it usually takes a few clicks to get them to light.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Partly on aesthetics, and partly on reliability, a Corona Old Boy can't be beat.

Totally agree on Coiibri and haven't had a piezo for a very long time.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Colibri lighters in my experience are the worst brand on the market right next to Lotus.
I only use IM Corona Pipemasters as since my very first one years ago I have never had an issue. I always make sure to bleed the lighter before any lighting gets going. I got lazy one time and the difference was obvious. Sometimes depending on how good a fill you got, once in a great while I will turn the fuel up high and get a good hot burn going for a minute or two and that seems to keep it lighting all the time

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Colibri lighters in my experience are the worst brand on the market right next to Lotus.
I only use IM Corona Pipemasters as since my very first one years ago I have never had an issue. I always make sure to bleed the lighter before any lighting gets going. I got lazy one time and the difference was obvious. Sometimes depending on how good a fill you got, once in a great while I will turn the fuel up high and get a good hot burn going for a minute or two and that seems to keep it lighting all the time
How do you bleed the lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.