PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
What about true codgers---I'm 68---who have 100+ pipes and keep several dozen types of tobacco at hand?

I find the presumptive dismissiveness happening in this thread to negatively impact the cosmic-connectedness perception I have of my Life Journey and thereby lessen my self-image, as well as profoundly damage my public credibility.

To such a degree, in fact, that I'm going to open a TikTok account and rage and cry at the camera non-stop for fifteen minutes. I'm also going to set up a GoFundMe account to hire a team of psychiatric professionals to help me rebuild my psyche. self-identity, and self esteem.

Your heartlessness is beyond description. My disappointment is boundless...

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
What about true codgers---I'm 68---who have 100+ pipes and keep several dozen types of tobacco at hand?

I find the presumptive dismissiveness happening in this thread to negatively impact the cosmic-connectedness perception I have of my Life Journey and thereby lessen my self-image, as well as profoundly damage my public credibility.

To such a degree, in fact, that I'm going to open a TikTok account and rage and cry at the camera non-stop for fifteen minutes. I'm also going to set up a GoFundMe account to hire a team of psychiatric professionals to help me rebuild my psyche. self-identity, and self esteem.

“Your heartlessness is beyond description”- comes with the territory I ‘spose 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tom Waits took up serious codger culture when he was in his twenties, assuming a codger slurred growl in his speech, and otherwise taking on the look and sound of a bowery elder. Asked what persuaded him to do this he said it was because the crotchety geezers got to wear all the cool hats. Having postponed my inner codger until an appropriate age, I will admit I think I have a good supply of cool hats. At a certain age, any hat you decide to wear is ex-officio, cool.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
If he's like me, very little social interaction. This is how populated my work is and I'm there 12+ hours per day, seven days per week.

View attachment 174913
Mmm.. no, I don’t interact socially a whole lot. I work with my brother and my uncle, and an unrelated guy my brother knows.

I really just watched myself literally bandage my pipe that just broke and thought it would be worth my time to share the event with people I figured could relate.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

kewl