Codger Gold!! C&D Three Friars: Opinions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
This is one of my favorites. It gives a great mix through every bowl of deep earthy burley flavors, Virginia sweetness, and then occasional black pepper spice from the Perique. A blend that is much underrated in my opinion. I get it in the bulk version and it always seems to come at the perfect moisture level for easy packing and smoking too.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
When I first smoked it some years ago I thought it was great. Ordered a bunch more and smoked it regularly for a couple of years. At some point I decided I didn't care for it. My perception was that the Perique forward flavor was overpowering. Not sure if it was batch variation or change in my taste. I thought I had some jarred up to try at a later date but don't find any so I guess I smoked the rest at some point.

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
I just got some and looking forward to trying it tomorrow. I enjoy Haunted Bookshop as a regular “grab and go” when I can’t really decide on something else and I just want to have a smoke. We’ll see how this blend goes over for me, glad this thread put this one on my radar.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon